3 from this weekend

brandon

On Sunday my roommate and I hiked up "The Chief" in Squamish. If you've never been to Squamish, The Chief is this gigantic rockface on the east side of the town. There are rock climbing routes up the face of it however we hiked a trail up the backside.

The First 2 photos are 2 different shots of the same section of a stream on the way up.

stream2website.jpg

stream1website.jpg

And this last one is the view from the top looking North/NorthWest. Squamish is the town you can see on the left of the photo. And the tall peak that heads into the clouds on the right side of the photo is Mt. Garibaldi.

IMG_6666website.jpg

enjoy

tknohpy was asking what sort of settings I use for the water photos and I thought I'd add this photo of me taking the photos to give an idea of what sorta balancing act/tripod placement goes into that kind of photo

_MEG8534.jpg

Edited by brandon

I checked out that camera and I'm not too sure if you can. You need to be able to have control of the aperture and shutter speed for shots like that. If that camera does have some manual options then it shouldn't be a problem. And a tripod is also a must

Those water shots are amazing.

Is there any way to do something like that with a Sony DSC-H2 or is a SLR required to make the adjustments? I would imagine a tripod is needed as well.

An H-2 is very capable of such shots, but you'd need a neutral density filter to slow your shutter speed. Stacking it with a polarizing filter would be a benefit as well.

I didn't take any of the rockface itself. It was pretty cloudy when we started the hike and then pretty much dark when we finished so hopefully next time I will. And I've only been to the tourist lookout at shannon falls. There is a hike to get to the upper falls which I will be doing in the summer.

And those photos were taken at ISO 200, f22, and a 1-3 second shutter speed