Traded my Truck in on this (NF)

fishinfool

With gas prices the way they have been, I have been finding it hard to justify my truck.

I don't do much work with it anymore so I figured it was time...

She was the best truck I ever owned, didn't spend a dime on her for repairs but the 6.) litre

was killing me.

It was an HD Crew Cab and I was getting about 10 miles to the gallon in the city.

I didn't even know the big trailer or boat was back there when towing.

I will miss her sniff dude~~~!!!

Here is the link to the new vehicle.

http://listings.boostmotorgroup.com/Detail...p;IsWholesale=0

I hope your happy with it, seems pricey for an 05 though, hopefully you were able to talk them down. I tried being with out a truck once, six months was it and I was back into a truck never will I consider being with out one again.

GeorgeJ

I got them down pretty far on the price and they also gave me a fair buck for my trade.

They wouldn't stop trying to sell me a new Impala and I seriously considered it.

I have never really owned anything but North American and with all the rumblings going on

with them, I decided to try an import this time.

GeorgeJ

I got them down pretty far on the price and they also gave me a fair buck for my trade.

They wouldn't stop trying to sell me a new Impala and I seriously considered it.

I have never really owned anything but North American and with all the rumblings going on

with them, I decided to try an import this time.

Well keep us informed as to how you like it once you have it a while. The Maxima is a eye catching car and I've never heard anything bad about them.

I heard they are not good for towing boats or hauling firewood....... :P

Gee thanx BillyBob, now I'm really bummed.

On a good note though, this car absolutely flies.

265 Horsepower and puts a lot of cars that were

meant to be quick to shame.

I had a 04 Maxima and it was a decent vehicle, what I did not like about it was the poor quality paint finish, the 3 recalls it had, the fried cd changer the first week, the front driving lights that would blow on a monthly basis,the constant vibration from the front of the vehicle. Nissan claimed it was a tire issue and Goodyear claimed it was wheel issue and neither was willing to help, so I was stuck with a vibrating car.

Of all the vehicles I have owned this was probably the worst for small things.

But hey it`s a Japanesse car so it has to good right.

lookinforwalleye: My buddy had a Maxima and he had all 4 tires recalled and replaced without issue. I would push a bit further and see what happens..

The VQ35 is a tank, great engine, great reliability... If I was looking for a full size car, the Maxima would be on the top of my list.

Interesting how a fellow's post about his new car has to turn into a Import vs Big Three rant, seems like there are some people that will take any opportunity to start it. He said his GM truck was the best he ever owned let's hope he can say the same about his car in 5 years.

I always enjoy hearing all the comments whether they be negative or positive, we have all had different experiences in regards to these things and it's a way of getting an idea of what to expect.

So, thanks for all the comments so far folks.

Please keep them coming!!

Stan

Sweet looking car man!!! :D

Look out for radar traps!!!!!

Will it pull your boat?? ?? ??

Or did you sell that too?? ?? ?? :lol:

Or does your boat weigh less than 1000 pounds. ;)

Or do you have a second vehicle for that duty. :whistling:

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Sweet looking car man!!! :D

Look out for radar traps!!!!!

Will it pull your boat?? ?? ??

Or did you sell that too?? ?? ?? :lol:

Or does your boat weigh less than 1000 pounds. ;)

Or do you have a second vehicle for that duty. :whistling:

I moved this response to a new thread called Rebuilding my boat.

Hope you're not confused, I get sidetracked real easy.

Stan

Edited by fishinfool

Interesting how a fellow's post about his new car has to turn into a Import vs Big Three rant, seems like there are some people that will take any opportunity to start it. He said his GM truck was the best he ever owned let's hope he can say the same about his car in 5 years.

Did I mention I'm tired of seeing those bumper stickers? :blink:

Edited by Pigeontroller

:clapping:

Yes he did say it was a great vehicle. Don't understand how this has turned into a rant? Guess it's a my Daddy's stronger than your Daddy syndrome. Or my political party is better than yours, or whatever. We should all be happy that a board member has gone out and bought himself something to be joyful of even though he is surely going to miss the old truck.

Congrats on the new car.