BarBQ ing'!

ColdH20guy

Hi guys,

I know its not really fishing related (until I start to put fish on the grill!) but we picked up a new decent barbque yesterday but the owners manual (which the store is still looking for!) was not included for some reason....just curious on any pre-treating grill tips to stop food from sticking..the guy at the store said to put them on cookie sheets and put some butter slabs on them and put them in the over until it melts...there is also a little smoker in there( not that I have ever tried much smoked meats)...hmm smoked fish on the que! and a light for night-time grilling!

anyway, thanks for any suggestions re the grills...

thanks

spray it with cooking spray...if you are doing fish directly on the grill, also works pretty good if you season it up..and spray one sid eof the fish with cooking spray, put that side on the grill, spray the other side before you flip it

Hi guys,

I know its not really fishing related (until I start to put fish on the grill!) but we picked up a new decent barbque yesterday but the owners manual (which the store is still looking for!) was not included for some reason....just curious on any pre-treating grill tips to stop food from sticking..the guy at the store said to put them on cookie sheets and put some butter slabs on them and put them in the over until it melts...there is also a little smoker in there( not that I have ever tried much smoked meats)...hmm smoked fish on the que! and a light for night-time grilling!

anyway, thanks for any suggestions re the grills...

thanks

What make is the grill and what are the grids made from? Never put meat, fish, whatever on a cold grill, it WILL stick. A very hot grill and a little olive oil works wonders. You may be able to get a copy of the manual from the makers website.

If they are porcelain coated then no problem just get them good and hot before you start grilling. Brush some olive oil or other vegetable oil on the food before you put it on. Word of advice, don't use a stiff wire brush on porcelain coated grills or before you know it they will be no longer. Suggest you wash them in warm soapy water with a nylon scourer. If they get really bad (bbq sauce etc), use a spray on oven cleaner on them but make sure they are cold before you spray it on.

You can also have a spray bottle on hand with some EVOO.Just spray the grill and yer set to go.

Dont thing everything has to be cooked over the heat.Indirect cooking on the BBQ, is awesome, and much more rewarding.

Edited by misfish