Laker success on closing day!

Fisherpete

Well, my laker curse has finally been broken on closing day (March 15th, 2009). Thanks to the advice of a really nice guy named Lawrence who I met on the Simcoe board and then out on the lake, and the use of an ultralight setup with nothing more than a splitshot and minnow on 4lb line, I finally managed to get my first few lakers on closing day. Brought my son Nick - oops I mean Fishernick - out with me and he shared my fun day, although he is more of a perch guy (needs constant action to not get bored out there). The weather was beautiful, the company was good, what more can a guy ask for! Maybe it is the new auger... I haven't been skunked yet since getting it, and have had my best days for both whities and lakers!

GCD - for the tourney, do we measure the fish from nose to the fork or to the tip of the tail? The bigger Laker was 22.5" nose to tip, 22" nose to fork. HEY - that 1/2" might matter in the end LOL!

The pics...

DSCN1062.jpg

DSCN1063.jpg

DSCN1064.jpg

DSCN1065.jpg

DSCN1068.jpg

Great report Pete!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

We'll measure all of our fish from nose to tail tip Pete, if someone doesn't like it... they can go eat worms! ;)

I've got a couple upgrades I'll post for the team sometime today... GO SLAMMERS!!! :thumbsup_anim:

... isn't it about time to change your signature Pete? :)

I'm glad you did well Fisherpete. As you know we did not and were only sitting a few yards from you :dunno:

Hope the minnows came in handy, cause they did squat for me :rolleyes:

Nice fish, glad you son enjoyed himself. Couldn't have asked for a better day out there.

Joey