Aaaaah I feel better now....

Bly

The last fish I caught was back in mid November of LAST year! This long winter has been brutal...and it today I got an opportunity to head out. Cliff suggested that when he got home from work to take off...he'd feed the family and take care of things on the home front! So, with that in mind, I got all my steelhead gear together and waited for him to arrive at home. He got home just after 5pm, and 2 minutes later I was out the door...LOL.

I headed down to the local trib and found a nice spot to drift. The waters looked pretty good...not ideal, but not too bad. Started out using jigs but nothing was taking the bait and I switched up and began to use roe. Sure enough, that did the trick. I was trying to get into my groove, when my float went down!! I set the hook, felt the tug on the other end. Few flips at the surface and the fish got off! I knew there were fish in the area, so I was determined to systematically work this hole. A few hits and a missed hookset...I was rusty to say the least!

Finally, my float went down again...I was determined not to mess this one up! Quick hook set and that was it! Fish on! This fish tried going every direction out of the hole, but I managed to turn it around each time, and finally I was able to land my first fish of 2009....and my first in 4 months!! Here it is...a nice 28" steelhead...

Ahhh....all is right in the world again....

28inch.jpg

Sorry team, it doesn't beat our current trout...maybe next time!

Waters were rising and the sun was setting, decided it was best to be safe and head home, wasn't easy knowing there were probably a few more fish there.

Edited by bly

Nice clean looking fish Carole!

I've said it before Cliff but you're a lucky guy.

The thought of Joanne waiting for me at home so she could shoot out the door steelheading is pretty cool.

So is winning the lottery, getting struck by lightning and getting that pony I've always wanted for Christmas.

None of them are ever going to happen. :D

Great report and pic Bly :thumbsup_anim:

Got to feel good after the long drought and being able to land this beaut.... WTG girl :clapping:

You got to get out more on the hard surface and not wait for so long to get into some action.... by the looks of it, you'd make a killing!!

Good on Cliif for holding the fort!!

Congratulations again and thanks for sharing!

Leechman

Grant...I have no control at home. Any control I 'think' I have is merely a mirage.

Thanks all for saying I'm a good hubby/dad for staying at home with the little one....but before you make any judgements, I'm heading out there late afternoon today, with Bly staying at home....LOL.