ugly duckling lures

pike slayer

so i buy lures off this guy and he always throws lures in for free and says try them and see how you like them. this past week i got some lures that i wanted off him and he gave me a few of ugly duckling crankbaits and he said he never heard of them either and to try them out and see if you like them and report back to him. so have anyone heard of these or have even tried them? i got the floating cranks that are 2-5feet. http://www.uglyducklinglures.com/

they are good quality, i first saw them in europe 8-9 years ago, they have some good trout patterns.

alot of stream trout fishermen use the small ones there, they work in slow retrieves pretty good.

Edited by efka

A few years ago, someone who used to write to one of the boards I read used the Ugly Ducklings on Quinte and had great success with walleyes. I bought a number of themat Gagnons in Oshawa and have tried them with no success. That's not to say they're not good, I didn't have much confidence in them and didn't really try for very long.

They're still in the tackle box....

Maybe I'll try them again this year!!

Cheers

David aka Superdad

Was given some last spring , we ran them on flat lines off the bar for early lakers , had catches on the blue / silver and red/white . Ones I have are 5-6 inches long look alot like Rapala tail dancers , on 100 foot leads with 20 pound trilene mono we figured they were running at about 10 feet .

SuperDad may have been referring to one of my posts on the Quinte Fishing forum....I'm a huge fan. :D

I've caught tons of walleye on them everywhere I've fished, as well as bass and pike. I prefer the blue / silver for walleye and the green long body for pike.

I was finding them hard to get. I met up with a great guy, Charles "the Bass Dr" Stuart (I think he's fishing FLW now) and he sent me a bunch that he had. He also included some that were a new bait by one of the original inventors / designers of them that left UD. I forget the name but think they too were called "Charles" or someones name.

They are amazing.....but as written above, it's all about confidence.

Cheers,

Paul

I remember buying one a long time ago. Walmart had them on an end rack. They were 1.00 dollar each. I thought what the heck. Left it in the box for years then one day I said, why not try it. I was fishing around hamilton bay and caught a bunch of nice large mouth and a bunch of white bass. Was unreal. The white bass was one after another. Like catching crappies. Well I lost the lure on a piece of wood and that was the end of that. Never saw them again for quite some time. Then I see them again for like 10 bucks in tackle shops and think back, man I could have bought all of them from walmart for a buck each. Oh well enjoy them they work great. Cheers