Willow beach whitefish

Joeytier

Up at 5 30, at the lake by 6 40. Decided we needed the exercise, and walked out to the whitie grounds. After unloading, walking, and setting up, we were fishing just before eight.

We started in 65 FOW, and to our surprise, we started hammering 8 inch perch one after another plastered to the bottom. I have never heard of perch being so deep before in my life. Needless to say, we didn't stay long.

Our next spot is straight north in about 74 FOW. Before everyone else even has their holes drilled, I hook into what turned out to be the biggest fish of the day. It seemed swell at the time, but that was the last fish I was going to hook into. :wallbash: We proceed to land one and lose one more at that spot, until it died out.

Since we were still marking fish at the spot, we moved about 200 yards northwest with the intention of coming back to the same holes in an hour or so, but the whities changed our plans.

Even though I didn't manage any fish at this spot, the other two people in my party landed 7 and lost close to that in approx 2 and a half hours. The action was non-stop. There was another party with us at this spot that was also getting steady action for the whole time. Every single person had their limit and fish were being released, which is not something seen very regularly when fishing for whities (with such low limits).

We went back to the spot where we had previously had action, and lost one more. I believe the final count between the three of us was nine for fifteen, which is by far the best whitefishing day I've ever experienced. I forget to bring my camera, but I'm pretty sure the cold temps would have prevented me from taking any pics anyway. I'll more than likely be out there again tomorrow. Look for the kid in an orange floater suit and long red hair. :thumbsup_anim:

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

Great report!!! If you dont mind me asking what did you get them on? and how far of a walk is it? Thanks so much

Thanks! Everything was caught on williams jigging spoons, and probably the most successful was the hammered, smaller size half and half. The walk took us about 35-40 minutes. It's no problem right now because there's literally not a touch of snow on the ice right now, but once it snows, the time to get out would double. We're going tomorrow, and we're just going to drive.

You might as well just put the GPS coordinates on the post so everyone can go out there and limit out???????

Are you attempting to take a stab at me for giving away spots? 75 feet of water off of Willow beach is really a vague description. :asshat: