LOOK HOW MANY I CAUGHT

Guest steel'n'esox

Guest steel'n'esox

WAS FISHING THE GANNY TODAY, PROBABLY 25 GOOD STEELHEADERS, WHO RESPECT THE LAW AND THE FISHING REGS, THEY WERE FISHING BELOW THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE CNR BRIDGE. THOSE 25 OR SO GUYS AND GALS CAUGHT LIKELY ONE TENTH OF THE FISH THAT THE 3 ARSEs FISHING DIRECTLY UNDER THE BRIDGE DID. SOUTHERLY LIMIT OF THE CNR MEANS JUST THAT. YOUR FLOAT SHOULD NOT GO UP INTO THE BRIDGE OR ABOVE THE BRIDGE AS THESE JERKS WERE DOING. THAT IS A SANCTUARY, AT LEAST ONE STEELHEAD WAS HARVESTED FOR ROE OF NOT MORE, WITH THE BEAUTY OF DIGITAL CAMERAS THEIR PICTURE AND VEHICLE MAKE AND LICENCE PLATES WILL BE SENT TO THE MNR AND THE LOCAL PORTHOPE PAPER. I NO IT WAS WINDY AND COLD BUT YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST SMILED FOR THE CAMERA WITH ALL THE STEEL YOU GUYS CAUGHT. :asshat:

good on you for doing the right thing.... but are you certain they were breaking the law? and if so do you have pictures showing their floats in the sanctuary? if not... well i hate to say it but the MNR will do nothing...

But good on you for helping to protect our fisheries! Did no one say anything to them???

G

:wallbash:Gee . . . . I got a few photos of people fishin' 'NORTH OF THE SOUTHERN SIDE OF THE CNR BRIDGE,' posted 'em on this board, and nearly got run off the board for it a short few years ago! I think I got pictures of the WRONG PEOPLE. I don't bother any more. Not worth the hassle! (I was led to believe 'locals' are allowed to c&r in the sanctuary!) Ho hum. :whistling:

If these people were CLEARLY fishing ONE LOUSY INCH NORTH OF THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE BRIDGE, it's in the sanctuary, no IF's AND's or BUT's about it . . . . Page 85, 3/4 of the way down the page, Zone 17, VERY easy to understand. I'd love to see if it's somebody we know, eh? POST 'EM! :devil:

WAS FISHING THE GANNY TODAY, PROBABLY 25 GOOD STEELHEADERS, WHO RESPECT THE LAW AND THE FISHING REGS, THEY WERE FISHING BELOW THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE CNR BRIDGE. THOSE 25 OR SO GUYS AND GALS CAUGHT LIKELY ONE TENTH OF THE FISH THAT THE 3 ARSEs FISHING DIRECTLY UNDER THE BRIDGE DID. SOUTHERLY LIMIT OF THE CNR MEANS JUST THAT. YOUR FLOAT SHOULD NOT GO UP INTO THE BRIDGE OR ABOVE THE BRIDGE AS THESE JERKS WERE DOING. THAT IS A SANCTUARY, AT LEAST ONE STEELHEAD WAS HARVESTED FOR ROE OF NOT MORE, WITH THE BEAUTY OF DIGITAL CAMERAS THEIR PICTURE AND VEHICLE MAKE AND LICENCE PLATES WILL BE SENT TO THE MNR AND THE LOCAL PORTHOPE PAPER. I NO IT WAS WINDY AND COLD BUT YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST SMILED FOR THE CAMERA WITH ALL THE STEEL YOU GUYS CAUGHT. :asshat:

Yeah, I've heard that loud talk and no pics before... you wouldn't happen to be related to chikkinhawk would you??? :rolleyes:

OMG!!! A steelheader broke the rules/regs and prolly wasted a fish just for the skein... what ever will we do???

... I'm sure this is the first time this has ever happened... :blahblah1:

blah blah blah GCD.....just can't get over the fact that i never showed any pictures eh......grow up guy....ITS A PICTURE....not the end of the world if they didn't get posted.....done hearing about it....you can think whatever you want....your opinion means absolutely squat to me.....now back on topic it is very unfortunate that these guys were taking advantage of our laws like this....hopefully you have enough evidence so that the MNR can make a case....good luck to you

Hawk

blah blah blah GCD.....just can't get over the fact that i never showed any pictures eh......grow up guy....ITS A PICTURE....not the end of the world if they didn't get posted.....done hearing about it....you can think whatever you want....your opinion means absolutely squat to me.....now back on topic it is very unfortunate that these guys were taking advantage of our laws like this....hopefully you have enough evidence so that the MNR can make a case....good luck to you

Hawk

Not only is it a picture, it's proof!!!... without a picture it's just a story, anybody can make up a story!

... btw, isn't your signature a little large for the 75Hx500W pixel rule???

Hawk

LOL. I couldnt agree more. I used to respect GCD seeing as he had like 8000 posts, I figured he was a good contributing member, until I realized he's mostly here to stir it up and pass time.

Don't waste your time the mnr is just gonna sweep the pics under the carpet...... People have been fishing there for over 15 years that i have seen. I'm sure that people that have been in the game longer than me have seen it too!!! Suck it up...... i got my ass kicked too out there watching them haul under the bridge!

Edited by buckster

If you are providing info to the tips hotline, the more reports and complaints, the more they are forced to react. One complaint a week doesn't do as much as numerous complaints every week about a particular spot. Keeping taking pics, writing down plate #s , etc.... and send them in repeatedly.

Remember, there aren't that many Co's around and they have a lot of ground to cover.They aren't in a position to respond to every complaint that comes in. They won't come running with sirens wailing and guns drawn. They don't have the manpower!

Over time they will respond and act.

As I have stated before on this topic.

Until the Ministry REMOVE the sign on the upstream side of the CNR bridge, it IS LEGAL TO FISH UNDER THE BRIDGE.

You can have all the written legislature in the world, a simple error of sign location over rides the LAW. I have asked the sign to be removed for years on the Northerly side of the tracks. MNR contacts have spoken with CO officers for this area and don't find it an issue. As quoted "It's only another 30 or so feet."

Edited by Ron

Until the Ministry REMOVE the sign on the upstream side of the CNR bridge, it IS LEGAL TO FISH UNDER THE BRIDGE.

You can have all the written legislature in the world, a simple error of sign location over rides the LAW. I have asked the sign to be removed for years on the Northerly side of the tracks. MNR contacts have spoken with CO officers for this area and don't find it an issue. As quoted "It's only another 30 or so feet."

It must take a real genius to figure that out eh?... the sanctuary starts where the sign is posted.

StylinCatch Posted Yesterday, 10:18 PM

QUOTE(steverowbotham @ Feb 22 2009, 08:34 PM)

LOL. I couldnt agree more. I used to respect GCD seeing as he had like 8000 posts, I figured he was a good contributing member, until I realized he's mostly here to stir it up and pass time.

I second that big time haha must be the alabama part in him ! lol cheers

Those comments may have meant something if they hadn't come from Bass Fishermen! :w00t:

Sorry Ron old buddy...can't agree with you on this one...

If someone mistakedly cut a hole in the fence at the superjail in Lindsay...does that mean all the prisoners have the right to escape ???... :(

Edited by Beans

If there is a sign marking the start of the sanctuary then bingo, thats where she starts.

No charge would hold up if the fisherman/woman was fishing south of the sign if it clearly states that it marks the border of the sanctuary (sp?)

I dont fish the ganny. Its just not fun to bump elbows all day trying to hook a fish, and when you do 25 people keep their line in the water

Edited by kemper