Anima Nipissing Lake

Smitty1

Hi Guys

This lake is on our short list of places to go for the long weekend in May - just wondering if anyone has ever fished the lake - and would you recommend it? Any tips on lures ect. would be helpful. I believe it is near Temagami - so I am sure the fishing is good.

Thanks

Smitty

Pretty little area up through the "Red Squirrel." A fair bit of roadside camping and lakes to fish along the way. Can't help ya with Anima Nipissing itself, haven't fished it. Heard a little though and Dave's pretty much summed that up.

Choose to fish that lake or some of the others you won't be disappointed in your surroundings. A-Nip river in places you can catch stocked bows too. Have a 4-wheeler and you can got lost south of Liberty and find a number of brookie ponds.

Yep a tad North (20/30 minutes or so) of the Village of Temagami. Far size lake and very clear waters like Lake Temagami. Have never fished it though.

Just grabbed my area map and A-Nip has Lakers/Pike/Pickeral and Small Mouths in it. You can access the VERY south end by going down the Red Squirrel lake Road. You can access the North end of the lake just before Latchford on a road that runs across the south tip of Bay Lake. On your way in that road you pass Walter Lake that is supposed to have Rainbows in it. LOTS of smaller lakes in the area as Bunk has pointed out and rivers/streams flowing between them.

Anima-Nippising Lake is about 10 miles long. LOTS of bays and jogs to it ....so be sure to have good maps of it and the area before heading in, so you don't get lost.

Edited by irishfield