Ice Bungalow Suggetions needed

jil101ca

hey everyone! So valentines day, my anniversy and 40th (yep,40th) birthday are all coming up, 14th, 17th and the 24th. Don't forget the 14th guys!! Anyway, I have Hubby thinking about about renting an ice bungalow for a few days around the 20th of Feb. This is a big thing for him, he's never been on the ice, one of the few things he is scared of. We both have a few days off. I've looked into Glen Echco, they come fully equipped. and also Rob's, his prices are cheaper but i would have to bring more stuff. Who else would you suggest?? Doesn't have to be on Nippissing but not too far away, say within 2 hours give or take.Would also consider a cabin with transport to a hut. I need someone who supplys the fishing gear as we don't have ice fishing stuff.

jil101, If you haven't been ice-fishing before, I would recommend looking at a single day trip rather than something like an ice-bungalow. The accomodations in the bungalow are great for a group of guys, but most women wouldn't be comfortable.

I would highly recommend you take a look at hiring a guide for the day that will supply everything you need and take you to where the fish are biting.

I can think of 2 top quality guides that will gaurantee you are comfortable on the ice and that you will catch fish.

1. Don McCaw - http://www.iceguidez.com/ email [email protected]

2. Greg Klatt - http://profishntanglingservices.com/ (705) 887-4482

Cheers,

Tony

you can get lots of packages on simcoe, where they set you up in a motel, some with kitchens and then transport you in and out from the hut

go out for a nice meal, then a warm bed.......hmmmmmm, sounds so good I might do it myself

I'm not "most women", don't mind roughing it. "most women" wouldn't be comfortable at lakaire but I think it's a great time. Hubby's the one that won't be comfortable lol, he's scared of ice but seeing as how it's my 40th birthday coming up and he has been working ALOT he is considering it. If we go ice fishing, i want him to have the ultimate experience. I read comboys post and although the dates would work well for me, it's also alone time we are looking forward to. We have 3 kids and need to get away if only for a couple of days. Sorry I stand correct, hubby has been on ice once when he was a kid and the big crack sound convinced him ice is not safe, even at 3' thick.He has never been ice fishing.

2 hours from where might help the lads!

Temagami Shores. Get a nice room to play in for the night on Valentines Day and transported out to the huts thru the day to fish...or Loon Lodge, or Ketchenany Lodge etc.

Edited by irishfield

Rob Hyatts are pretty well Equiped all you need to bring is your own bedding some food and some small assorted jigs etc.. Bait is available through him as well... His huts do come with tipups, but I would suggest a couple of Jigging rods from CTC or something they can be had fairly cheap 20.00 a peice for a combo or something like that... he supplies transportation to and from the huts.. The only thing I cant rememeber is if the propane stoves are included or not.

Rob Hyatt is the way to go...

And no you not like alot of woman Jil101 Thats what makes AWESOME! could you give my other half a few lessons? LOL

Just checked Robs site... and the Stove is included

it is a small checklist really....

* Sleeping Bag & Pillow

* Food

* Pots, Pans, Paper Plates, Utensils, Spatula, Coffee Pot, Can Opener, Filleting Knife

* Lantern

* Towel & Proper Winter Atterel

* Flashlight

* Your Favorite Jigs

* Fishing License

* Radio

* Playing Cards, etc.

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

Awww gee, thanks, Gerrit...*blushes and shuffles feet* Thats what I didn't like about Rob's, bringing pots and pans ect. Everything else i don't mind bringing but I don't want to lug the kitchen around. Even though, Rob's is on top of the list.

Irishfield, sorry, lol, not far from Northbay, I thought 2 hours give or take from Nippissing was enough said. We are thinking Temagami or somewhere around there. I'm getting a list of people to call for prices and what they offer.

Wow! you are definately a rare breed among anglers' wive's! Good for you!

Another vote for Temagami Shores here.

Also, John's ice fishing in Temagami (On-ice Bungalows) has been recommended to me. I have a bungalow booked there on the 3rd of March.

(705)237-8505

Cheers,

Tony

Edited by tonyb

Wow! you are definately a rare breed among anglers' wive's! Good for you!

Another vote for Temagami Shores here.

Also, John's ice fishing in Temagami (On-ice Bungalows) has been recommended to me. I have a bungalow booked there on the 3rd of March.

(705)237-8505

Cheers,

Tony

I have stayed with Johns Bungalows on Temagami and he was nice and the huts were decent but WE CAUGHT 0 fish.... Yes 0 ..... that was a 3 day trip.... we caught some ling at night but thats just annoying if anything...

it wasnt just us... all of the bungalows got skunked while we were there... the 2nd last day we took his auger and drove around looking for some spots ... we found a spot and caught 6 lakers that afternoon :) so the trip ended on a high note....Im sure it was just bad hut placement that year ( 2 years ago ) .. well i hope atleast

Rob Hyatts is booked Solid for a while .( weekends ) might have openings during the week...Good luck and have fun !