Underwater Survival

holdfast

First thing leave the windows up air is life

-As you panic try to stay focused

-since I ALWAYS CARRY A BLADE i will cut My seat belt

-also in my vehicle i carry an automatic center punch

if im in another vehicle I will always be carrying this (ANAL)

-since i have electric windows once im ready for exit and have taken a deep breath i will center punch the window and head up

-if I had crank windows i would roll the window down

-Key to all this is keeping your poop together

Stay calm and open the windows to let water in. With the cab full of air, you have an unequal pressure balance, making opening the door nearly impossible. As the cab fills with water, remove excess clothing (jeans, shoes, jacket), otherwise you'll just be an anchor. Take a final deep breath as the water reaches your head, and with the cab now full of water, the door should be much easier to open. Climb out and swim for shore.

I learned from a A Rotary Underwater Egress. ie simulated helicopter crash. It sinks then flips upside down. This course is for Military flight crews as well as Off shore Oil crews. A Canadian invention in Halifax that I have been told that who ever had the course and were alive in a crash that it has been over 90% effective. Here's what I remember.

1. Landmark your escape. Example beak or open window and leave your hand or arm there as or after you flip or fill with water.

2. Take a breath.

3. Undo your seatbelt with the other hand and pull or push yourself out the exit.

Easier said then done. But heres the facts. It will be dark, youll be disorientated, and possibly upside down. The seatbelt will hold you in place while you open or break the window. It will give you enough time to think, once you panic its all luck. I did this about a dozen times. I would of drowned twice if not for the safety divers. 1st time I landmarked but tryed geting out beside the window- I panicked. 2nd time I did it without a seatbelt and never land marked. consequently I had no Idea upside down wher the exits were. An unbelievable course where I learned to overcome fear. Baby Herc has the best response.

Break it with your elbow or something. Its the only way. Forget the Windshield. Like I said, easier said then done. But it is possible. As one post mentioned, god help if there are kids strapped in. You got to save yourself first, to save others.