NF St-pierre/Penn predictions ?

tonka-toy

The thing is, BJ has such a good chin and no chance is he getting subbed by GSP. I also think BJ is more elusive on the feet and has heavier hands. GSP has him as an all around fighter, cardio and wrestling. I really hope GSP takes it, but you can never count BJ out. Especially if hes got a chip on his shoulder.

The thing is, BJ has such a good chin and no chance is he getting subbed by GSP. I also think BJ is more elusive on the feet and has heavier hands. GSP has him as an all around fighter, cardio and wrestling. I really hope GSP takes it, but you can never count BJ out. Especially if hes got a chip on his shoulder.

Even with his "heaver hands",and George fighting with one eye(thanks to Penn's accidental thumb in the eye),Penn couldn't take him out last time.I hope it stays clean and we get to see who the pound for pound best is .I'm not sure Penn has the superior hands. George has been so dominent on the ground lately, people forget how good a striker he is.

Two things that GSP really needs to watch out for are BJs knee when going for a takedown and the uppercut in close. BJ is so talented and IMO is very focused on this fight which makes him one of the most dangerous guys out there. If you think hes going to be scared to exchange with Georges, you're dreaming. His boxing is sick and I think hes got the edge in the early rounds. If GSP can get it to RDS 3...4...5 his conditioning will pretty much hand him the fight. This is such an even fight, it can go either way. Personally, I think it should have been a catch weight with no title up for grabs. Both guys are in their prime and this is a fight of a lifetime. I'm really exited for this event!

Like most I very much want GSP to win, but......

Penn has some very good head movement when boxing, he rarely gets hit, and has a good chin.

Problem is he really is a brutally dominant lightweight, and his frame doesn't take to 170lbs as well as St. Pierre.

I also think (now this is from the propaganda that has been televised) that Penn wants this fight more than GSP (let the barrage of comments begin lol).

I think that it will be Penn in the third, by rear naked choke.....

Burt ;)

I want GSP to win but... I would have to say Penn is the better boxer (faster hands for sure). Penn is crazy dangerous on the ground even in the guard. Penn has a great chin. If he is fit, I am going to say Penn in the 3rd. If he is not fit I am going to say it goes 5 rounds and GSP will win the decision because he will be able to take down Penn and score points that way.

It looked to me like GSP overtrained for his last fight with Fitch. He did dominate that fight but he gassed part way through and that was a 3 round affair. I really do hope GSP wins but I am not betting on it. Either way, both these guys are warriors and always put on a good show.

I want GSP to win but... I would have to say Penn is the better boxer (faster hands for sure). Penn is crazy dangerous on the ground even in the guard. Penn has a great chin. If he is fit, I am going to say Penn in the 3rd. If he is not fit I am going to say it goes 5 rounds and GSP will win the decision because he will be able to take down Penn and score points that way.

It looked to me like GSP overtrained for his last fight with Fitch. He did dominate that fight but he gassed part way through and that was a 3 round affair. I really do hope GSP wins but I am not betting on it. Either way, both these guys are warriors and always put on a good show.

The Fitch fight was 5 rounds.