Truck Trouble (NF)

tizfun

Hey Everyone, On my way home yesterday from Ahmic Lake my 2003 Chevy Trailblazer with 278,000 kms seemed to be slipping out of gear.. When I step on the gas to get it going from a stand still, it makes a tinny noise and sometimes the RPM's would kick up like if you were passing but I wasn't stepping on the gas anymore that usual.. It still seems to drive normal but the noise is still there ( when you step on the gas).. I noticed it more on the hwy in overdrive, that it would kick down a gear and then back (over and over) up at a constant speed of 100kms..

Any idea of what's going on.. I really don't need this right now...

Tiz

Hey Everyone, On my way home yesterday from Ahmic Lake my 2003 Chevy Trailblazer with 278,000 kms seemed to be slipping out of gear.. When I step on the gas to get it going from a stand still, it makes a tinny noise and sometimes the RPM's would kick up like if you were passing but I wasn't stepping on the gas anymore that usual.. It still seems to drive normal but the noise is still there ( when you step on the gas).. I noticed it more on the hwy in overdrive, that it would kick down a gear and then back (over and over) up at a constant speed of 100kms..

Any idea of what's going on.. I really don't need this right now...

Tiz

Here you go Tiz best place on the net for help with your trailblazer

trailblazer.com

Well took it into Mr. Transmission this morning and they're taking it apart as I type.. It was slipping in/out of 3rd gear.. They said it the it would be around the minimum of $1000.00 and up to $2200.00 for a complete transmission...

This truck has been a total nightmare from the day of purchase.. ( my wife kept saying not to buy it ) Anything and Everything has gone wrong with this.. This tranny problem will boost my repair bills since 2004 to well over $12,000.00..

And they want me to buy another GM product... Am I nuts !!!!!!!!!!

Any body wanna buy a truck ???

Tiz

Edited by tizfun

This truck has been a total nightmare from the day of purchase.. ( my wife kept saying not to buy it ) Anything and Everything has gone wrong with this.. This tranny problem will boost my repair bills since 2004 to well over $12,000.00..

Really?!? Wow! My 02 Trailblazer has been mostly trouble free....now has 195000km.

*Knock on wood*

Edited by Markystang

Well took it into Mr. Transmission this morning and they're taking it apart as I type.. It was slipping in/out of 3rd gear.. They said it the it would be around the minimum of $1000.00 and up to $2200.00 for a complete transmission...

And they want me to buy another GM product... Am I nuts !!!!!!!!!!

Any body wanna buy a truck ???

Tiz

I bought a GM once.......................................That was enough. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

WEll here's the scoop from Mr. Transmission.. It is the worst case senario.. They tell me my 3rd & 4th gears are shot and that the torque converter needs replacing.. The torgue converter isn't bad, they recommend to change it due to the contamination of the old fluid will ruin the new tranny..

Is this correct?? It's $400.00 that I can save by not replacing it.. Any ideas ???

Tiz

they should be able to flush all the old fluid out i had my rad blowout and go through the tranny they redid all the seals and gaskets and flushed it so im sure if there was an issue with the converter dumping rad/tranny juice back in the system they would have replaced it...so bottom line flush it its only tranny fluid. say no just fix the tranny

my 2 cents

yes replace the torque, first of all they won't offer any warranty on the rebuild if you don't.

second of all simple flushing will not remove all debris from a torque converter it has to be opened up, cleaned checked rewelded and balanced you will kick yourself later if any debris travels from the torque to the valve body and causes it to act up.