This seems shady but if it is not....

Cudz

This seems shady. I saw an add on my locval Kijiji. Check it out:

http://barrie.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-bo...QQAdIdZ77920230

So I see the price is ridiculous for what you get. I am thinking he has forgotten a 1 in front of the 4000. I write the guy and ask him for the price of the rig.

This is his reply:

Price: $4000

First of all, please DO NOT REPLY to this e-Mail if you don't have the amount available, or if you don't intend to be serious.

I am from Orlando, Florida.

This is the second time I tried to sell the boat. First time I tried eBay.

Because I always use 100% safe methods, I've sent the boat through eBay Vehicle Protection Program to a buyer from Alaska.

I paid all the shipping fees from my pocket and when eBay requested the payment to be made, the buyer refused to pay because they didn't have the full amount available.

Now I have the boat in eBay's hands and it's ready to be delivered to the next buyer.

If you want to purchase it and only if you are a serious buyer then send me your complete name and address for shipping.

The delivery time will be only 3 days and the boat will be delivered at your home address full registered in your state and under your name.

Seems a bit fishy seeing as he asks for my name and address etc. I was born at night, but not last night.

If it is legit, someone is going to get a sweet deal.

Someone once told me that if it looks too good to be true it probably is.

Edited by Cudz

I've gotten scammed like that.. I was told it was already at the post office and I was sent a fake shipping invoice.. Once you send the money you'll never hear from them again.. I'm sure he could sell that boat in Florida for that price no problem, so why try to shipping across the country? Deals like that are hard to pass up but somethings are just to good to be true.

Price: $4000

First of all, please DO NOT REPLY to this e-Mail if you don't have the amount available, or if you don't intend to be serious.

I am from Orlando, Florida.

This is the second time I tried to sell the boat. First time I tried eBay.

Because I always use 100% safe methods, I've sent the boat through eBay Vehicle Protection Program to a buyer from Alaska.

I paid all the shipping fees from my pocket and when eBay requested the payment to be made, the buyer refused to pay because they didn't have the full amount available.

Now I have the boat in eBay's hands and it's ready to be delivered to the next buyer.

If you want to purchase it and only if you are a serious buyer then send me your complete name and address for shipping.

The delivery time will be only 3 days and the boat will be delivered at your home address full registered in your state and under your name.

So he's from Florida, boat is registered in Wisconsin, tried to sell it to someone in Alaska, eBay won't give him his boat back, even though he paid the shipping, and he posts it on Toronto Kijiji?

Did i read that right????? :whistling:

same boat same guy and always 4000 to 4500 same scam.

This guy will never give up.

He puts up 3 boats and always the same run around.

Says the boat will be in ontario in 2 weeks and will have the shipper pick up the other half of the check but he wants half and half later.

Never deal with big buys on the net.

Deal face to face or kiss your money goodbye

I played with that guy for a while.Asked him many questions about the boat.One question per e-mail.I then said I was going to be in whatever area of the country he was in and wanted to pay cash and take it away.He finally quit responding to me.I wish I had got the boat.

Joe

Damn,

I wish I had posted this earlier. I sent him a certified cheque for, you guessed it, $2000. He said I would pay the rest upon getting delivery of the boat and when I am satisfied with its condition. I hope you guys are wrong. I hope this is legit. I had a gut feeling this was too good to be true but I didn't want to lose the deal.

I will keep you posted.

Usually those gut feelings are the ones that are telling you to step away and don't bother, I just hope you are not out 2 grand.

Sorry guys. I was just messing. I am too tight with my money to ever do anything like that. I was pretty sure it was a scam from the getgo. I never sent a cheque. No cahnce.