Political Correctness Gone Mad (NF)

bushart

Guest lundboy
This isn't my Canada anymore! I have watched as the Lords prayer is taken out of our schools because it might offend some one. Merry Christmas has been replaced by "happy holidays", Christmas trees can't be displayed in our court houses, the traditional garb of our mounted police has been altered to accept turbans. The list is just too long!

Taxes get piled on top of taxes to the point where we work 7 months of the year just to pay our taxes and support programs that we don't even believe in. We are told this is democracy! I can assure you that I didn't vote to be taxed to death while our politicians get huge pensions for doing next to nothing.

I am told I must do this, I can't do that, I have to pay, I can't pray. If I want to get married, drive a car, buy almost anything, or even die, there is a tax that must be paid.

I subscribe to Bell Express Vu and there is a chanel "NHL Punjabi" CRTC has decided that this must be part of the "basic package" so if I want Bell Express Vu I must support this chanel, hell I don't even want to support the NHL never mind a chanel dedicated to Punjabi which I don't understand or want to!

If I work harder than my neighbour and because of that I earn more money, I pay a higher ratio of taxes. If I work hard all my life and save and then buy my dream place, I must pay more tax than my neighbour who gets exactly the same services I do. Why? because I worked harder, and saved more! Instead of sitting on my butt drinking beer every weekend, I worked.

I am so glad that I am old because if the Canadian way of live keeps being degraded at tha rate it is I don't even want to be part of it in another decade.

My feelings on ExpressVu as well Cliff. Not to mention the fact that they just raised the fee by $3/month as an admin fee. You can bet a portion of it is to pay for Punjabi NHL.

Christianity is being eroded, year by year. As are most religions. The tool being used to do this is Political Correctness. Unwittingly other religions are being used to further the PC agenda, which is much larger than just the religion aspect. It also comes down to the destruction of family values, and collectivism, leading to a communitarian society. Anyone that wants to find out about Canadian (I use the term loosely) Maurice Strong and his campaign to destroy Christianity (which is well underway) can PM me for a link.

Edited by lundboy

Guest lundboy
....Lundboy, on a privately owned message forum you are not guaranteed freedom of speech. You are governed by the board rules you agreed to when you registered.

If something you posted was possibly deleted whilst throwing out the trash repost it or suck it up!

This is true. But the Baphomet head still exists, and that offends Christians and Muslims.

Even though it isn't an avatar I think this rule pertains:

"Please keep your avatars tasteful and not degrading or insulting to any race, sex, religion or political entity."

....Lundboy, on a privately owned message forum you are not guaranteed freedom of speech. You are governed by the board rules you agreed to when you registered.

If something you posted was possibly deleted whilst throwing out the trash repost it or suck it up!

Looks like I missed the "White Tornado"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vur_Mg1yffg

After thinking about it, I feel that the guy who started all the mess to begin with is just a malcontent who will never know happiness. It sounded like he'd been working there for a while and only complained to stir the pot. To me it's all about one idiot ruining something for the others and to cause chaos. It really has nothing to do with being offended by the religious aspect of the quick prayer, if it did why didn't he complain years ago? it's all about him using religion to screw the others over because he knows he can. Too bad management couldn't see through his crap and didn't just tell him to mind his own business or even better get rid of him altogether because clearly he doesn't play well with others.

Hotrod don't try and talk sense to these guys when they are engaged in flights of fancy. I tried it 18 posts ago ( #40)and it was ignored because it much better to take an incident from a post office in Cornwall and turn it into dire warnings about the " New World Order" or complaints that Canada is just not WASP enough anymore.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Edited by hammercarp

After thinking about it, I feel that the guy who started all the mess to begin with is just a malcontent who will never know happiness. It sounded like he'd been working there for a while and only complained to stir the pot. To me it's all about one idiot ruining something for the others and to cause chaos. It really has nothing to do with being offended by the religious aspect of the quick prayer, if it did why didn't he complain years ago? it's all about him using religion to screw the others over because he knows he can. Too bad management couldn't see through his crap and didn't just tell him to mind his own business or even better get rid of him altogether because clearly he doesn't play well with others.

Your right its not that big of a deal.

Did management not have the funds to fight it? Did they say let the workers sort it out? Did they fear a system wide ban on the prayer?

Were the other workers harassing this complainer and he struck back? Is the complainer just a malcontent?

Well whatever happened in that workplace it is not being revealed. One thing is certain. the guy who complained was able to work the system pretty good.

Well better to have a system than no system at all.

forrest

THIS SHOULD BE INTERESTING. I say the Christian guy will lose. Here's what really bugs me about this Human Rights Crap. The Complainant can take court action free of charge thanks to our Taxes. The Complacent has to pay for his Legal fee. Take the case of the Muslim against Macleans Magazine. It really bothers me to no end on how stupid this is getting. There are so many Racial Card Carrying wimps out there that I'm watching this Country go down Hill. Its getting ruined. I hated every Diversity class I was forced to go to when I was in the Armed Forces because they wanted us to be so Soft and touchy, feely. Its sickening. I had a female in my section and wrote her as being too physically weak for the Job( when we were forced to have females in the Combat Trades, Yup our Pysical Standards went down) I was told to remove that statement as she is not made the same way as men and it wasn't fair. Ive been brought up on Harassment investigation for abuse of authority twice and found not guilty but still had to go through hell. In Both cases the two Soldiers ( Guys) took the offense using the Harassment card as a way out to the discipline that was about to occur to them for various reasons. I was guilty till proven innocent

Note to Hammercarp, your such a Saint ain't you. seems your quite the sensitive guy aren't you. Bet ya got a Map Tacked Time Out Card in your pocket! You don't have to cry and PM the Mods either as I'M sure they're micro managing me anyways. You see, Ive always had trouble being forced to do something when its rammed down my throat. Maybe thats why I had so many fights living in Quebec.

Commissioner sues Saskatchewan government over same-sex marriages

TheStarPhoenix.com

Published: Tuesday, November 25, 2008

SASKATOON - A marriage commissioner is suing the Saskatchewan government over being required to perform same-sex marriages.

The claimant in the case is Orville Nichols, who was found guilty in May of violating the Saskatchewan Human Rights Code for not performing a same-sex marriage three years ago. The couple involved, identified by tribunal order only as M.J. and B.R., was later married by another commissioner.

Nichols, who has been a marriage commissioner for 25 years, said he based his decision on his religious beliefs. He was ordered to pay $2,500 in compensation to the couple for discriminating against them.

Email to a friend

Printer friendly

Font:****The suit claims the government is violating the Charter Rights of Saskatchewan marriage commissioners. According to a press release issued Tuesday morning, lawyer Philip Fourie was at the Court of Queen's Bench in Prince Albert Monday issuing a statement of claim against the provincial government.

"The pendulum has swung way too far - in favour of same-sex people and against people of faith. What is next?" says Fourie in the release.

"Will the government be invading churches with their laws and forcing pastors and ministers and priests in churches to perform same-sex marriage ceremonies?"

The firms involved are Kirkby and Fourie, as well as Arnot Heffernan Blenner-Hassett.

A hearing is set for Prince Albert on Dec. 23.

Note to Hammercarp, your such a Saint ain't you. seems your quite the sensitive guy aren't you. Bet ya got a Map Tacked Time Out Card in your pocket! You don't have to cry and PM the Mods either as I'M sure they're micro managing me anyways. You see, Ive always had trouble being forced to do something when its rammed down my throat. Maybe thats why I had so many fights living in Quebec.

Well ? me.

Im starting to really like you HF.

I fought in Ontario.All my ? life.

Holdfast I am disappointed that you did not get the point of my post #18. It was about how first level supervision ( much like sergeants in the Army) in large corporations ,both private and public, are put in situations where it's dammed if you do and dammed if don't. I would think you might have some understanding of that.

Holdfast I am disappointed that you did not get the point of my post #18. It was about how first level supervision ( much like sergeants in the Army) in large corporations ,both private and public, are put in situations where it's dammed if you do and dammed if don't. I would think you might have some understanding of that.

OK, OK, Im done and I got sucked in. Thats it for me.

Edited by holdfast

HA.. you can swear at work as much as you want and no one care.... and one thank who ever one wants to for another productive day and people fell offended.... What a world we live in!!

It would be interesting to know if the people who been disciplined and person who complain belong to same religious group, if they do, I wonder whose side God was on that day and why??

Rgarding the use of a bible in Court . Quote below is from a Ontario Court Handout

'Witnesses can choose whether they would like to swear on a bible, or a holy book of another religion, or to solemnly affirm they will tell the truth."

Having lived here all my life (47 yrs) in a Religous family ( Grandparents were Free Methodist ministers) I don't feel repressed or otherwise.

Many new reliqions and life styles have become more the norm.

Funny , doesn't seem to bother me .. maybe I'm just soft or too touchy feeling .

TB

I know this thread would ultimately go various directions but in my opinion it was about a couple simple points.

Rights and freedoms are part of our fabric as a society but what is it about human nature that if you give someone a right they feel absolutely compelled to use it a the drop of a hat wether it is to their benefit or not?

I used to work for a very large corporation (unionized) and got to witness this 1st hand.

(NOT UNION BASHING!)

This is an opinion....I'm sure the "Guilty" Cornwall postal workers would not even flinch if say at the start of a shift a group would say Thanks Buddah for this sunny day...or whatever...it is their right.

And for those that say they are not paid to do this.....everyone that has never taken a unscheduled smoke break/ coffee break/ hockey bull session at the water cooler etc etc etc please come forward.

Bushart