FISHING DERBY FOR THE BAY OF QUINTE

skevys

I’m hosting a fishing derby for walleye on February the 25th.- 2007. I’m going to do it a little different than the usual. Instead of the biggest that wins the prizes its going to be the smallest. The main reason for doing this is so that we are not killing those fish that are prime spawners. The rules are very simple. It’s a one fish measure in only per ticket. It will be calculated by inches and not weight. I will have final say of how they will be measured. ( from the tip of the head back to the end of the tail not pinched together.) Pre fishing will be on the previous day (the 24th) . The derby in will close at 7:00 pm on the 25th. All fish that are to be measured in must be no later than this. Start time is 6:30 am on the 25th. All those wishing to participate may buy tickets from now and up-to and including the day of the derby. The tickets at this time are available at my store only. First price is gas powered 10 inch ice auger donated by Skevy’s Outdoor Specialities. Second price is a Helly Hansen survival suit. There will be other prizes to announce. At this time I just wanted to get this out to you all so you can plan your day. More to follow.

Ron

so where would we be fishing out of...is it the whole bay and we go back to your store or what ?????? :dunno: ron,we still need lots of details :blink::thumbsup_anim: or maybe a certain area so we can all be together like say a 1 mile area or something...just curious sounds interesting never heard of the smallest fish before :blink: oh well im sure everyone can adapt im cool with it