Snowfari Adventures

Jay T

We have to keep this thread on the front page for a while so no more people will be taken in by this outfitter. Maybe he will soon see the error of his ways.

I doubt it...

Everyone has an opinion. Most of our clients are quite happy and we have a lot of repeat business. Hopefully, you can listen to both sides.

Ron & Donna

Snowfari Adventures

Isn't it fishy the only people that seemed to enjoy this place have less than 5 posts combined. The underlying theme seems to be the lack of customer service or the feeling that you as a customer are taken for granted. I don't have a problem going outside around the area of the bungalow's and fishing. What's the point, this outfitter has you close into shore in shallow water. But driving a mile or two out where everyone else is and having to pay even more for an outhouse on ski's leaves a bad taste in one's mouth. If it was in the website so be it, I would be forewarned but I wasn't. The impression I was left with was suck as much money outta these people as you can before they leave and if they are not spending ignore them.

At the time we went we did pretty good compared to our neighbouring bungalows (One fish a day for three days, two guys). Some were totally skunked and not very happy either. If you advertise all kinds of action maybe you might try and live up to the ads, notice I said try. I know it's called fishing and not catching Jim78 but it would be nice if you had a fighting chance. Either way I wouldn't even think of giving this outfit another dime, they don't seem to care so why should I care if they make it another season. What goes around comes around.

Again the bungalows were nice but the owner wasn't.

we did pretty good compared to our neighbouring bungalows (One fish a day for three days, two guys

man that is horrible fishing...3 fish for an entire week-end? Guess I'll stick to my local haunts rather than shell out big $$$$ after driving a few hundred kms

Theres another thread going on in the Lake Nippising board stating the same complaints being said here,I was directed here by Disspatchers comment in it. I was at Snofari the same weekend as Outdoorsman and agree with every thing said. It was our first and last time there.13 guys in our group that wont be back. 2 little perch out of the bungalows all weekend.f

By the way I'm a new kid on the block here and just wanted to say hello to all.....looks like a good site to me,thanks Diss for sending me here.

Theres another thread going on in the Lake Nippising board stating the same complaints being said here,I was directed here by Disspatchers comment in it. I was at Snofari the same weekend as Outdoorsman and agree with every thing said. It was our first and last time there.13 guys in our group that wont be back. 2 little perch out of the bungalows all weekend.f

By the way I'm a new kid on the block here and just wanted to say hello to all.....looks like a good site to me,thanks Diss for sending me here.

Well Ron & Donna may not be listening to some peoples complaints, but at least there will fewer "New" repeat cusotmers for them!

Valuable info for sure!

this is one of the places i contacted 3 years ago asking for more info on the fishing etc ....... the reply was look at the web site its all there :asshat:

Glad I hooked up with South Shore ice condos ... Cara-Lee, Garnet and staff are top notch ...... this will be year 3 cant wait till Feb 6 :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

after reading these comments i called a friend of mine who went to nipissing about 3 weeks ago. He had complained of a very negative experience when he got back, so I called him last night and guess what...SNOWFARI strikes again! To be honest I had to laugh, this guy who runs it must be an absolute clown. My friend told me the hut was nice enough but was placed where there were no fish (they did catch a mudpuppy or two). They were there for 3 days and apparently this jerk never showed up once! They had no bait and had to use the same dirty dishwater for 3 days to wash there dishes. On the last day as they were preparing to leave the guy came back and told them he would take them out to where the fish were but it would cost them $50!! Needless to say they said no, and all agreed they would never pay this inconsiderate boob another cent.

I have been going to South Bay Ice Bungalows the last 2 years, twice last year and once so far this year. We are going up in another two weeks. Thought, just for a change of going some where else but not now. Better stay with some one i know is a good guy, and a great place to fish. First time up we got humm about 60 perch, one pic and one white fish. Alot better than alot of people did , was 14 and 15 of January. We anrt the best fishermen, just go up and have a good time lol. Well thanks to everybody for the heads up ok , and sorry alot of yous didnt have a great time like we did.

wow....a good heads up....im looking into a trip to nipissing....and after reading every single comment made on this thread...i will never give Snowfari my business.......ever

Hawk

Maybe the operators can turn it around.....he might even contact old customers and give a great discount on an improved service.

Can a business turn it around?

forrest

i was also thinkin....if someone were to purchase the place.....if the guy was willing to sell.....sum1 could prolly make it into a top notch business....knowing where this guy went wrong of course

If someone was interested in a similar business you'd be far better off building your own bungalos and doing it yourself.

How do you think outfitters like this guy got into it in the first place? They're not actual lodge owners with a true stake in the lake and health of their business.

Think about it. There's virtually zero overhead. Any jack- :asshat: with a hammer and nail can throw together a couple of bungalos and start a winter outfitting business.

had to use the same dirty dishwater for 3 days to wash there dishes.

I forgot about that, getting a bucket of water from the guy was like pulling teeth...we were there for 3 full days and I think he may have refilled our water supply once after repeated requests (if you could call that yellow/pee-like substance water, we were laughing he was probably just pulling it from the lake, it was about the same colour).

He also never changed our outhouse bucket the whole time we were there (remember, this is 3 guys eating lotsa meat and drinking lotsa beer), it was near overflowing by the time we left. We were almost to the point of breaking Ron & Donna's sacred rule of not making any yellow snow (under threat of some type of environmental clean-up fee administered by Ron & Donna).

The more I read this thread, the more it all comes back to me in horrible technicolour.

As usual the posse jumps on someone who does'nt echo your opinions. Maybe they did have a good time you don't know. Damn it it is a public board RESPECT thier opinions. You were'nt there !!!

Back to the topic at hand. I will agree that Snowfari is not a client pleasing operation. I have seen it in action while using another operator. Its almost as if someone set thier kid up with a lemonade stand and he don't care one iota if it goes piss warm. With the amount of people that book huts even if he sucks he will get the overflow.

After last season they purchased Jim Bows huts from Astorville to add to thier arsenal but....and this is a big but..they didn't get the GPS co-ordinates that Jim used to put his huts out. He never stayed close to shore and his huts always produced. He even came and took us to day trips to shoals that were awesome.

From the pics that I have seen this year all the huts are close in.....Duh. I know that fishing has been rough with the lake still being stained and all but don't you think that they would explore new locations for thier huts.Nope. They will sit there all season. Hopefully they will get a wake up call in the near future....but I doubt it.

Hey guys I like to read alot of your posts, but rarely will post. After reading some senarioes about this safari place it just dose sound pretty bad. Anynoe looking to do a ice bungalow weekend otta give Mark and Shelly a call at Anglers Haven. I organized a weekend last year for 6 of us and everyone had one of the best times of there lives. Except for myself the rest havent been ice fishing before. They've got a fellow by the name of Skunk who was just a all around great guy to chew the fat with and he provided top notch service. Minnows, ran out-no problem, piss buckets full-no problem, genny out of gas-no problem (ran out of gas in the genny, he was out there in 5 minuts with a top up, thumbs up) The cabins were clean and very warm. I cant say enough nice things about these people who provided us with a great experience. So great we rebooked with them this year again. If anyone is trying to find an outfitter look no further, tightlines Greg.