HOW TO CLEAN A PERCH IN 10 SECONDS!!!

John Kimble

Check out the video at: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=pjTlFwQb7D0

Kept a dozen or so Perch for a fresh dinner and the rest were released to fight another day. Then we went after the whities and lakers and the rest was history!

Enjoy!

~ John Kimble

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The ribcage remains, but the point is there is no wasted meat. The meat can be pulled of the bones on the plate with your fork.

Its a great way to diversify the way you cook perch. These bodies can be a part of a tray bake with veggies or broiled under a broiler. The body cavities can be stuffed with herbs and lemon and but on a screaming hot bbq.

Edited by Riparian

You can just cut the rib cage out. I didnt think there was any other way to clean a perch. I spent hours watching the Americans clean perch that way on lake Champlain as a kid. If he would keep the Rib cage he would take a hard brush (plastic Bristles) and clean in the rib cage. Watched our neihbors do bucket fuls using a pen knife. You still got to be careful of the bones.

Guest gbfisher

My kids wouldn't eat another fish if it had bones in it.. Come to think about it, neither would I. :rolleyes:

I realize some cultures spit undesirable food out while they eat and Thats OK!!

....I doubt my wife could get used to that.... :D

an good newfie had better be able to cut up fish...LOL

You got that right! :thumbsup_anim:

I do it like Brian posted. I use the small rapala knife though. I can do one in about a minute.....ready to fry and if you find a bone, you get a dollar!! :canadian:

Sinker

You dont put the bones in your mouth, You take the meat off the bone with a fork.

Sometimes I cook trout this way in the oven, but with the skin on. When you serve it you just take chunks of meat off and since the ribcage is still attached to the spine, it lifts off bone free.

Here's another variation (which I prefer)...similar to the second video but you cut right through the rib cage, following the spine with your knife and then remove the rib bones after. I find that it's a bit easier than having to cut down along the rib bones.

That's how I do it.