Smartphone's (I know NF)

GBW

Hey all.

I know, I know, it's NF but I need some help here. I need to get a new phone and I will need email/outlook access. Who has the best rates for what you get? It looks like most charge $50.00 a month for only 150 min and that dang $7 extra system fee on top of your rate and then more $ for things like call display...

So, what do you use and why? What's the best bang for your buck? Thanks.

Geoff

I'm with bell on a my 5 package unlimited calling and text to those 5 people ! Unlimited incoming calls and text from everyone 250 day minutes free after 7 unlimited data plan (email , browser all that stuff) and unlimitedn textin ! I ring in at around 80 a month but I use my internet a lot infact on it now ice fishing in the hut lol

Unlimited data plan on Bell is $10 for phones such as the HTC Touch and the Samsung Instinct. If you go with a true Smart Phone like a Blackberry, they won't give you $10 unlimited data.

I have a HTC Touch with unlimited data and I do all kinds of stupid crap, that would cost $100's if I didn't have an unlimited plan.

I have an HTC Smartphone, wouldn't recommend it to anyone, total piece of crap. It shuts down randomly and the battery lasts about 4 hours(I do check my email every 10mins so that's part of the problem)

I tried to take it back and they told me I voided the warranty because I got it wet. I never really got it wet, I didn't have it in the rain once but it was minor water. The shut off problem was since day one so that's why I say don't got with an HTC... No matter what, they don't stand by their product!

I also have a blackberry, it's solid, never had a problem, battery lasts a long time. Both phones cost me about 100 per month...

Plan on spending 100 per month on any smartphone plan if you intend on using it...

As a matter of fact, no matter what phone I've owned or how cheap it was supposed to be ended up costing me around 100 bucks per month lol

I have a Blackberry Curve 8310 with Rogers after switching from Bell.

My current plan is no longer offered but looks like they have a better plan for a better price.

Rogers My5 Canada with 500mb for $45... almost $20 cheaper than my current plan.

I love the BB. Battery life is good after a few initial charges and it does everything I want it to do and more.

I hate to say it but I'd be lost without it.

I don't know if this will help you or not but.

We just recently got new cell phones and we ended up going with Virgin Mobile for a number of reasons:

The price was right (it actually saves us about $500.00/ year from the package we were on with Bell)

The service is exceptional (and they speak English)

No activation fee

No System Access Fee

Free call waiting, call display, and call forwarding.

They use the Bell Network so coverage is as good as Bell.

And we were able to get exactly the plan that we wanted.

Here is a link to their site.

Hope it helps!

I don't pay for my Blackberry service (provided by work) so I can't comment on package prices/choices, but as far as hardware goes, you can't go wrong with a Blackberry.

We recently upgraded to Blackberry (I got a Pearl 8220 flip-phone) from our previous 'boat anchor' smartphones called "Glofiish" (commonly referred to as "blow-fish" at work). You can't even compare the two. The Blackberry is the best phone I've ever had by far. It even makes the terrible Rogers coverage around here tolerable. Makes crystal clear calls even with a very weak signal.

I've got a similar situation, paid for by work. I went thru 2 blackberries from Bell and neither worked for crap at home (Keswick) then for some reason I switched to Telus and everything works. Funny 'cause Bell and Telus use the same tower. Anyway real solid, great phone and e-mail. just like a few good games to waste time while at the in laws.

iPhone are far superior to any other smartphone when it comes to features!

You're kidding right? How long did it take Apple to get something as simple as 'cut and paste' to work? Not to mention sending out updates that resulted in bricked phones...

The IPhone is nice to look at, but there are other devices that do things alot better then it does...

Phone, music, pictures, movies, email, games, thousands of applications, the best mobile browser out there....touch screen.....

Nope....wasn't kidding.

Wow, exactly what my HTC Touch can do without a overpriced dedicated data plan.

Add Garmin Mobile XT to my list though...

:)

Edited by BillM

iPhone are far superior to any other smartphone when it comes to features!

Can you send a Picture message with your iphone??? Can you race a blackberry user in typing a coherent message??? What happens when your battery dies???

The iphone is a nice device but I wouldn't say it's superior.

3509.jpg

oh ya can you take a picture in the dark with the 2MP camera???

Edited by sharper

Don't think you can type faster on an iphone then a blackberry with a full qwerty. Can you take the battery out of the iphone to replace it like the blackberry? Nope. Don't get me wrong as I said in my previous post the iphone is a very good device for browsing and media, but I wouldn't say it's the best.

HTC vs iPhone

Specs don't lie.... :whistling:

This comparison is not between HTC Touch and IPhone, this is between Iphone and HTC G1 which happen to be google first phone or first phone which run on google operating system. Where as HTC Touch run on windows, which mean you can find pretty much all the applications for your smart phone you can find for your windows based computer.

Don't think you can type faster on an iphone then a blackberry with a full qwerty.

Why not? They are both qwerty keyboards, and you can use two hands to type with. With it's auto complete/spellcheck you can get going pretty quick. At least I can anyways.

Can you take the battery out of the iphone to replace it like the blackberry?

You can get cases that have an extra battery pack in them.

Case