hut/outfitter recommendations on simcoe?

cram

I was out with Hanks huts on wed and got a couple lakers. We fished all day though, so it wasn't fast and furious. I lost 2 other fish as well.

I usually reccommend Tim Hales though. IMO he's got the best outfit on the lake, and i always do well with him.

Sinker

Tim will do perch and trout/whities too BTW. He also does overnighters.

Also, I have no connection with Tim Hale whatsoever. I've just fished with most operators on the lake, and find him to be the best.

Is ok, you can thank me later :)

Sinker

I prefer Floyd Hales out of Beaverton , I to have used many hut operatore from Pefferlaw , Port Bolster and Beverton including Tim Hales, I just found Floyds to be the best. Always seem to catch fish with them and they are on time to take you OUT to the huts not just coming back in. Some operators say that the time is an 8 a.m. start but we have sat in the parking lot for 40 min. ( with operators other than Floyds) while they try to get a full load. After a 25 min. ride we don't get a line in the water till 915 but the are right there to get you at 4pm sharp. I think that you should expect and get more for your $60.00

Mitchells huts out of beaverton is a very reputable operator and has been in the business for many years,he also has huts out on the perch & trout grounds http://www.mitchellsfishhuts.com/cp3-prices.htm $45 dollars per day,morning or night fishing,check him out,i have had some great days with these guys,and they know their stuff !!!! good-luck

Mitchells huts out of beaverton is a very reputable operator and has been in the business for many years,he also has huts out on the perch & trout grounds http://www.mitchellsfishhuts.com/cp3-prices.htm $45 dollars per day,morning or night fishing,check him out,i have had some great days with these guys,and they know their stuff !!!! good-luck

I was happy with Mitchells when I went out February '07.

Perchin was good that day :thumbsup_anim:

I copied and pasted this info from my buddies newspaper article.

Nice inland ice

Solid ice surfaces formed on many water bodies for area anglers this past week from the north end of Lake Simcoe to the south end of Chautauqua Lake.

Lenora Creber at Casey’s Fish Huts (705-437-1560) had huts out at Port Bolster last weekend and clients did well on perch throughout all daylight hours. Along with perch, jiggers have come up with an odd walleye from shallower bay areas. “One was a 10-pounder; it would be nice to see the walleyes come back here,” she said.

Randy Carleton at Randy’s Fish Huts (705-437-2989) set up last Friday over 28-to 32-foot depths off Port Bolster for a good mix of perch and herring. Herring remain off the limits for anglers.

“Whitefish have moved in and one client got a nice one, but [clients see the whitefish] cruise just under the ice holes,” he said.

Steve Barber at Steve’s Fish Huts (705-437-1013) set up on 8- to 12-inch ice off Holmes Point Road in Pefferlaw. Barber’s clients have taken a higher ratio of keepers this year, with many measuring well above 10 inches.

Cooks Bay at Simcoe offers good ice (averaging 10-12 inches) on the Keswick and Guilford sides of the bay. Early starters head out to deeper waters when possible. Jiggers work 25-foot depths, doing a lift-and-drop twitch for perch. Schools can be found at shallower depths, but the bigger perch hold deeper.

Terry Goy at Terry Goy Fish Hut Rentals ( www.utube.com/terrygoy ) worked plain jigs Tuesday and caught perch without an attached bug/grub. “Just about everything works for perch right now,” Goy said, noting the keeper-to-runt ratio is about 5-1.

Ice formed well at all Honeoye Lake access sites. South-end bay shallows have been good for bluegills, with a few walleye taken on tip-ups and jigging Rapalas before the front moved through Saturday evening, according to Dan Sharp at Honeoye Bait & Tackle (585-229-2266). Small jigs and waxworms get the most mention.

Silver Lake ice firmed north to south this past week. Bluegills outnumber perch takes at the south end of the lake around Mack’s Boat Livery (585-237-5983). Perch schools move, but weekend ice-choppers can get over deeper water now and put on a search for perch.

Chautauqua Lake shows ice north to south, but north basin open areas measured less than 3 inches with 3-to 4-inch areas around Mayville Bay. South Basin ice measured 5-8 inches Wednesday morning, with bluegills and perch the main menu for weed-edge jigging.

[email protected]