Cooks Bay Monday

Gail

Finally managed a free day to myself...thinking of trying my luck on cooks bay for some jumbos or/and pike (while the ice is still thin enough for a hand auger!!!) I'm just walking out no sled no hut just me and my gear. Anyone else thinking of going ....friendly conversation and friendly competition are always an added bonus. Can't get there till about 9:30...anyone know of a decent place to park at the bottom of 89 area>>>don't mind paying a couple of bucks.

Thanks in advance

We'll miss you by a day, There's 5 of us headed out Tuesday, some never been before so should be fun. I wouldn't imagine that parking on a weekday would be a problem. But this is my first year on that side of the bay. I have noticed that some folks at the foot of Gilford Rd that let you park on their property for $10. From what I hear parking enforcement is brutal stay 9m from intersections etc. signs way up the utility poles the whole 9 yards, From what I have read on the other board the ice is mostly 6" and growing so a hand auger should do and the consensus is 20-25 fow

From what I hear parking enforcement is brutal stay 9m from intersections etc. signs way up the utility poles the whole 9 yards, From what I have read on the other board the ice is mostly 6" and growing so a hand auger should do and the consensus is 20-25 fow

Parking enforcement certainly don't miss an opportunity to tag, that's for sure.

I have been up the last couple of days and the ice is better than 6" - I'd say 8" or more (or my auger is dull as h*ll). Most fish are being caught in the deeper areas. When you find them the action will be non-stop for a while. Lots of dinks but enough larger ones to have a nice meal.

Good luck.