Downloading from bit torrent sites legal in Canada ??

darsky

I have not gone through all replies yet, so I am not sure if someone else has posted this info. I do not download all that much from Torrents, and when I do, its mainly TV shows I have missed. The main site I use, the first thing you see when you enter the site is ..."UNLESS YOU LIVE IN CANADA, DOWNLOADING TORRENTS MAY BE ILLEGAL...." I have always thought that there is nothing under Canadian law that makes downloading a movie illegal. Maybe I am just naive.

Sorry, I have to disagree Raf... Artist's made great money off of record sales historically, that is until audio cassettes became popular, only to be replaced by file sharing. Not all artists, mind you, the successful one's.

fair enough.. however, how long have cassettes been around? the industry did not crumble!! people continued to make record profits.

chriss' example of radiohead doing their thing is a great example of artists getting with the times! i believe david bowie and prince did similar things or gave their music away for free. get your stuff out there and the people will come.

chriss' example of radiohead doing their thing is a great example of artists getting with the times! i believe david bowie and prince did similar things or gave their music away for free. get your stuff out there and the people will come. $h1t or get off the can.

Yes it is. But who would have bought the cd if they had not already become famous selling earlier cd's.