CT credit cards NF

walleyejigger

Anyone have these cards?

I've had the options card for about 2 years now, simply because the closest gas bar to my house is CT, they within a few fractions of a cent of the cheapest around and you get ct money back and on the card is always at the multiplier of the week without having to have one of their coupons, i pretty much only used this card for gas only, and paid the balance in full every month, in general i dont like to use credit cards, if i dont have the money i shouldn't be buying IMO

for me this card worked great,

then they started buggin me to get the gas advantage card, "it's a better card ! u save money on gas!" (they were tellin me) where you save money on gas the more you spend, i always said no thank you, because it sounded like the lesser of 2 evils to me (the more u spend the more u save) YA BUT UR SPENDING MORE!!!!!! anyways they revamped our store recently with the new mark work warehouse inside and they convinced me to switch over, got my card this week and as i needed gas this morning used the new card, clerk says to me u saved $1 today. I thought "sweet" i'm saving money. Later in the day i looked at my receipt and noticed i didn't get any CT money, which on my options card would have been over $1 for sure,(coupon this week is 10X) so really i'm losing, aren't I? ???

is it just me? am i looking at it the wrong way? am I missing something? which card would u use?

i know not a great post subject but it's been buggin me all day

thx

edit: btw, i'm a penny pincher, frugal, whatever u want to call it, so it might not seem like much to some but is alot to me,

Edited by walleyejigger

Yes you are WJ... CTC money is as close to legal tender as it comes with play money !

My issue with them is after almost 20 years with a CTC business card they went from their own corporate card to using Mastercard to do their work for them. Then this summer they decided mid stream that current cards where invalid and you had about 20 days to resign up with them under a different account name. That's when I decided I had enough "plastic" in my wallet.

My opinion is the Gas Advantage is the better option.

I've been using it for 2 years and have saved tons of money with it.

Here is the simple recipe:

If you spend (in the last month) $2000+, the following month all your gas purchasses will be discounted with $10c/littre

If you spent $1000-$2000, discount is 8c/littre

If you spent $500-$1000, discount is 5c/littre

If you spend $0-$500, discount is 2c/littre

Run ALL your bills on the card, pay them in full every month and get 10c/littre discount each and every time you fill up right at the pump. GREAT DEAL if you ask me as 10c/littre discount on current prices is almost 15% discount. NO OTHER card offers better discount anywhere!

Can't go wrong on this one.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

I have the options card. I was also tempted to switch over the the gas advantage card when they were promoting the additional 10c/L you save. Then I found out this only lasted without limit for the first month (or something like that) after you had to spend a certain amount in order to receive those savings (as icefisherman has pointed out).

Personally I like the options card better, as irishfield pointed out, CT money is as close to real currency as you get. Also I feel as though the items I purchase with the CT money I accumulate are more rewarding/pleasing, compared to a small victory in the constant battle (struggle) with gas prices.

I've had a CT Options credit card card for years.

Last few have been the Mastercard Options version.

I put most purchases on the card and right now have approx. $300 to spend at CT.

It helps that I have a CT store and gas bar 2 minutes from home.

No need to drive far for my gas and store purchases.

I've used the money in the past for tires, sports equipment, etc.