Question about Fishing the surf

huntervasili

Ok so over the holiday I have the opportunity to go down to the Georgia coast. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with the area around Brunswick and in particular St. Simons sound and Sea Island. I have only done limited Surf fishing with very good success but want to get some advice from all of you. I know the basics, and have had a heck of alot of luck using Live/Fresh dead shrimp on sliding sinker rigs/pyramid sinkers and casting into the surf, as well as off of piers. Any Help on the area or techniques would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance all!

Not familiar with the area Bill, but use the same method you used last time (but you may need a heavier sinker at this time of year). Try using a live Pinfish (if you can get some) hooked thru the lips for a big Redfish, Black Drum, or maybe even a Striper!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Edited by GCD

Thanks Glen, I will give it a try. Are any of the baitfish you can catch on sabiki's and such any good for bait?

Yup! those are the ones I'm talkin' about Bill... bait each Sabiki hook on the rig with a little piece of shrimp or squid and they'll hit it faster if they're around. The Pinfish look a lot like Bluegill in their body shape, you might catch some Sardine type lookin fish too... they're Alewives or Pilchards and they're good bait too!

Edited by GCD