Five Mile Lake, Chapleau

MZEHRING

If you are going to Five Mile Lake Lodge you will have a great time....I met Dave and Christine last spring and they are very nice people!!! The fishing was a lot better than the lake that I was on about 10 miles down the road.....get in touch with Dave and he will let you know how the fishing was last spring.....

Chrispy!

i have personally not fished it but i have a book that describes the lake and it says "Five Mile Lake-is the centrepiece of Five Mile Porvinical Park. This large lake offers a fun day of fishing for walleye, northern pike, sallmouth bass, and lake whitefish." alot of those lakes are decent in that area. there is a trophy pike lake south of five mile close to burntwood but its some rough country getting there and is a trophy lake for a reason

Dave & Christine are great people and they run a good camp. 4 of us guys were there in '04 (U.S. Memorial day week) & '05 (July 4th week). We camped one year and stayed in a cabin the other.

Good walleye...lots of pike but no real size....and, yes, smallies. Caught a few pushing 5# on top water near the old ramp in the closed provincial park.

PM me if you need some more / detailed info....I think I have a marked map I could track down for you.

dk

• 2 weeks later...