Bass Pro Shops Montreal

darsky

I heard rumours a long time ago that they shelved it because of the language laws in the province. Now don't jump all over me if your from Quebec but with all the requirements and changes to the packaging it wasn't going to be worth there money to have a store there. Most of the US suppling companies aren't interested in repackaging.

Not sure how true it is but a story I've heard.

I've read some news stories on this and nowhere does it say that BassProShop backed out of the deal. It's the owner of the complex where BPS was supposed to go that ran out of money, so it's the complex Lac Mirabel's completion that is on hold. It's got nothing to do with the Quebec language laws??

I heard rumours a long time ago that they shelved it because of the language laws in the province. Now don't jump all over me if your from Quebec but with all the requirements and changes to the packaging it wasn't going to be worth there money to have a store there. Most of the US suppling companies aren't interested in repackaging.

Not sure how true it is but a story I've heard.

You may have a point there because as a former Montrealer I'm watching that place fall apart piece by piece.

Sounds like unOfficially you may be right. With its Population, ( outdoorsmen as well civilian) it would make sense for a Bass Pro Shop in Quebec. Supposedly they are building a Bigger one in Calgary than the one in the GTA.

I think a lot of developments that were planned will be on hold. Happens everytime we have a recession. I remember some properties sittings unfinished for a couple years during the 80's melt down. Same thing happened when the markets went bust after 911. It is kind of hard to get credit right now and if you bought land to build and it is worth 15 to 25% less getting new financing using it as collateral won't be any easier....

Also lets face it Fishing and Hunting sales are luxury sales, until you need to buy gear to put food on the table. It has got to be a tough market right now.

Hey guys i thought that cabelas were going to build in montreal as well ??? or am i wrong,i sure hope they come to either the GTA,or quebec,everytime i order anything and talk to them on the phone they say that our canadian sales are very good,and alot better than some of the individual states that have a cabelas !!!! cheers :canadian:

Also lets face it Fishing and Hunting sales are luxury sales, until you need to buy gear to put food on the table. It has got to be a tough market right now.

Actually our sales of recreational items stayed ok the last couple of recessions. Enough to keep the wolf from the door. No high dollar stuff but the kind of items that the unemployed guys needed to go fishing with. A fella has to have something to do .... :lol:

At this point who knows if it will be cabelas or Basspro .

I know that when I drive North on the Laurentian autoroute Highway 15 I see a sign around Blainville indicating that Basspro is coming to Quebec.

But we also here Cabelas may be on its way .I want it because my current outdoor stores do not provide enough selection.

For now I have good old cousin Percher who picks me up what I need at Basspro when we meet up in Quinte I have to say Dan is really good to me.

:Gonefishing: