Musky Rumours???

tonka-toy

This fish was caught by a well respected member of MCI. Other members have infact seen the pics and talked with him about the fish.

So your just going to have to wait for the pics and the story from him.

I can guarentee one thing being a MCI member I'll see the pics and hear all about it before most of you and I can't wait.

Guest gbfisher

What a joke. Its because of the MCI and others that the first record went to .. :asshat: Bunch of Whooowy anyway.To much crap over one fish. :blahblah1:

Hope they keep it to themselves...... :clapping:

Measuring tape .........BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA................................. :clapping:

Edited by gbfisher

Yeah... I like that!... "reported dimensions" ... I wonder if they'll vary from the "actual dimensions" :rolleyes:

If it was C&R, it won't be an IGFA world record.

That's the thing. If it is a genuine record fish (and it sounds like it is) I think its fantastic that the guy released it. Cared more about that then getting the IGFA record.

Edited by cram

hey guys i heard about it too, for a world record though one would need a certified scale and biologist on board if its catch and release, how can you release a world record fish, btw canadian muskies members site should have pics by today.

IS anyone here a member of the IGFA?

First of all, if all the proper measurements were taken and the fish was weighed on a certified scale it CAN be a world record. A scale can be submitted to the IGFA even after the fact to be certified.

The fact is a big fish was caught and every fall this happens. Lets all wait for the photos

The St Lawrence has traditionally produced the longest muskies in the world. In the fall these long fish do beef up. If a record is to be broken the Larry has my vote

Signed,

IGFA member Jamie

IS anyone here a member of the IGFA?

First of all, if all the proper measurements were taken and the fish was weighed on a certified scale it CAN be a world record. A scale can be submitted to the IGFA even after the fact to be certified.

The fact is a big fish was caught and every fall this happens. Lets all wait for the photos

The St Lawrence has traditionally produced the longest muskies in the world. In the fall these long fish do beef up. If a record is to be broken the Larry has my vote

Signed,

IGFA member Jamie

To be an IGFA record, the fish has to be killed and the stomach contents examined and verified!... guess why.

Edited by GCD

Lol! God I love what these big fish can do to normally (mostly?) civilized folks, foul play, death threats not to mention good old beatings!!! :lol:

Its entertainment of the highest order!

Agreed

Seems to be not much more here then a bunch of miserable, bitter people lately.

Had enough

Mike

See ya all

World record Musky threads without fact rate right up there :dunno: :

-Threads that misrepresent that picture of the 43lb pike caught in Holland a year or 2 ago (I ain't gonna post it).

- Nigerian scam emails

- "get large fast" emails

- Elvis is still alive!

Its a rookie mistake to post one....something else to let it go on and on and on and on and on........every time I look the thread gets bumped back up to the top.

Do bass, trout or salmon guys carry on like this?

How about a category to list all these looser threads so I don't have to see them anymore?

forrest

PS...GCD you had a good point about examining the fish contents...but can't we just let it die?

Edited by forrest

World record Musky threads without fact rate right up there :dunno: :

-Threads that misrepresent that picture of the 43lb pike caught in Holland a year or 2 ago (I ain't gonna post it).

- Nigerian scam emails

- "get large fast" emails

- Elvis is still alive!

Its a rookie mistake to post one....something else to let it go on and on and on and on and on........every time I look the thread gets bumped back up to the top.

How about a category to list all these looser threads so I don't have to see them anymore?

forrest

PS...GCD you had a good point about examining the fish contents...but can't we just let it die?

I for one am very excited to see the pics. Why is it a "rookie mistake" to post about a record (if it is genuine and legit)?

With all the crap that's going to go with it they will probably wish they just bonked it... Glad to see it released though, awesome fish apparently.

Editor

Muskies Canada

How true. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. If they had have killed it they would take as much or more crap for that. Tough situation.

I'd just like to see a picture of a big muskie.

Congrats to who ever caught this fish.

Ben

I for one am very excited to see the pics. Why is it a "rookie mistake" to post about a record (if it is genuine and legit)?

I think you answered your own question: There is no reference to show it is genuine and legit.

This thread is like a smoking addiction....it just doesn't die. Even when you think it is dead it rears its ugly head a few months later.

forrest

PS: where are the exterminators?

Abso-tively, posi-lutely! How many long and ridiculous threads are there about a 6 lb. bass that is way bigger or way smaller than someone else's 6 lb. bass? How long, ugly and pathetic do the threads get about river etiquette, marshmallows, and what kind of salmon it is that was actually caught?

Someone caught a big muskie. AWEsome! Can't wait to see the pics, but couldn't care less about whether it's a record :)

If and when someone who catches a record fish decides to authenticate it, well, that'll be cool too. Hopefully the guy at Muskie Jake's bar and grill will get his hands on the mount and add it to the wall.

I think you answered your own question: There is no reference to show it is genuine and legit.

This thread is like a smoking addiction....it just doesn't die. Even when you think it is dead it rears its ugly head a few months later.

forrest

PS: where are the exterminators?

This thread was started yesterday about a fish from friday (or was it yesterday?). What "few months later" are you talking about?

Besides, the beauty of a messageboard is that you can choose what you read and what you don't. There are no magic hands in your computer reaching out, grabbing your head, and forcing you to read this.

Anyway, if there is a new record fish (verified for the igfa or not) i am very interested in reading more about it.