BBR & Sugarpacket's 2008

Rich

Figured I might as well post a year end review for 2008, cuz it's the in-thing!

The year started with winter carp in January.. we had a nice warm front which lead to the biggest in the Lynn River for me.

DSC00950.jpg

DSC00968.jpg

Continuing with the warm trend, there was panfish in the local canals. Many good days were had!

DSC00978.jpg

Temps finally dropped again, but since ice fishing wasn't so easy for us being stuck without a ride, we pounded some winter carp which were surprisingly co-operative for us.

DSC01015.jpg

DSC01053.jpg

We finally did get out in the ice a few times, perch being the main target. Sugarpacket even nailed her PB out there.

DSC01178.jpg

DSC01181.jpg

Next was the spring channel cats and carp in the Lake Erie tribs.

DSC01288.jpg

DSC01303.jpg

And another Sugarpacket PB ensued.

DSC01329.jpg

Then of course there was our trip out east to Nova Scotia. Didn't plan to do much fishing out there - won't make that mistake next time. Fished mostly browns and specks and had a great time.

DSC01351.jpg

As things warmed a little more, bigger carp came out to play.. for everyone but me. lol

DSC01438wlogo.jpg

DSC01447wlogo.jpg

DSC01441wlogo.jpg

Sorry bout the logos.. not trying a cheap plug they were meant to only be shown on my site.

I finally hooked up with some big cats too.

DSC01473.jpg

When trout opened we had some good days locally on the streams.

DSC01527.jpg

DSC01533.jpg

DSC01548.jpg

Who can forget the day of PB's in Dunnville.. PB sheephead that is!

6.jpg

4.jpg

Musky opener was fun for Sleded and I on our annual camping trip. I boated one musky this whole year and that was on opening day, but we saw a bunch that trip and after that even locally. I still have a heck of a lot to learn about musky fishing.

DSC01607.jpg

DSC01628.jpg

DSC01640.jpg

Carp were in their full swing of spawning, Sugarpacket and I took advantage catching some post spawners.

Sugarpacket's biggest Lynn River carp:

DSC01677.jpg

My biggest Lake Erie run fish of the year - unfortunately

p_00052.jpg

Then came the bass & pike for the next few months!

DSC01727.jpg

DSC01731.jpg

DSC01846.jpg

DSC02113.jpg

Another Sugarpacket PB:

5-2.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

Fall set in, and the bass/pike just got hungrier!

DSC00048-1.jpg

DSC00050-1.jpg

DSC00067.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

11.jpg

And that brings us to now.. a little bit of perchin' and a little bit of carpin'

2-6.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

Obviously, I can't sum up all of the year's fish or fishing experiences into a whack of pictures. There's too much to share, too much to write. First off I'd like to thank everybody that came out and fished with us this year:

Sleded, Red Devil, Crappieperchhunter, Johnny Bass, The Urban Fisherman, Slowpoke, Arnaldo De Sousa, Markus.. if I missed anyone else I'm sorry! lol

Secondly, I can't begin to describe how thankful I am that I have such an understanding significant other.. the fact that she loves to fish too - well that's just like winning the lottery. Sugarpacket had a heck of a year, slamming PB's in just about everything we fished for. For some reason I can't find her PB pike pic.. it was a modest fish at 31 inches from a pond. Splenda also caught his first fish this year - a sunfish, unfortunately we weren't armed with a camera at the time so we'll just have to go on the memory of that. I'm sure by the middle of next year he'll be slamming PB's and showing us elders how to fish! Totally psyched for that.

And of course we'd both love to give OFC a big thank you. Thanks for the advice, encouragement, and enjoyment of fishing vicariously through the rest of you while we weren't on the water. Without you all, we'd often be lost and I gotta say fishing just wouldn't be quite so enjoyable.

It's been a great year - but it's not over yet. Let's pound that water hard next month!

Thanks again,

Richard & Candice

I always read your reports....always entertaining, and I know I've learned quite a bit from them...and your videos too! Keep em coming...you had a great 2008, and I look forward to next year's reports. I know what you mean about your significant other loving to fish...a bonus indeed!!!