buck down - rage 3 broadhead devistating entrace wound

centerpin_drift

Well fella's, I havnt been getting any fishing in, but for good reason, archery season is among us, and I've got antler illness. Last night, moments befor dark, after numerous does and button bucks passed by, a six point and 8 point made their way down wind of my stand and locked up 30 yards away staring in my direction. I thought they busted me but i kept bleating and grunting at them anyways to see if i could get a better look, when out of the corner of my eye I saw a brute of a buck walking towards me at 10 yards right to my calls. In the low light i could barely see my pins and my eyes were watering from the NW 30kmh head wind, but i managed to get a pin on him and stopped him at 6 yards quartering away and took out the lungs and heart with a rage 3 broadhead. Only after he was hit did i notice i had just shot a one antlered deer but in the low light i wasnt sure of anything. After a short tracking job we found him piled up within 100 yards. His right beam is broken off 4 inches above the base from rutting hard and his brow tine on his left antler is broken off to, he has scars all over his body from years of fighting, after all i found 52 sheds from this property this season. His most recent battle wound was a antler puncture under his right eye that almost blinded him, a perfect management buck to take off my hunting land. I still have one tag left and a hit list full of mature bucks. Special thanks to Braden Burmister for helpting field dress and drag my deer out. cheers buddy.

Here are some pictures of my first archery kill

408.JPG

410.JPG

411.JPG

Edited by centerpin_drift