My 2008 fish'n recap

lew

Everybodies posting a recap of their fish'n adventures this year and it's great to see what everyone did over the last season.

I've mentioned it here before, but I spose I've been fishing for so long now, I just don't really find the need to take fish pictures anymore cause after awhile, all the fish sorta look the same, 'cept some are bigger or prettier than the others, or there's a good story to go with them.

To me it's more about the experience, rather than the catch now, and I'd just as soon have a picture of the sunrise or sunset, or an eagle sitting in the tree.

I sure do enjoy looking at everybody else's pictures though.

I spent most of the summer at the trailer but travelled to the West Arm of Nippissing 3 times and had another trip to the St. Lawrence, plus a run down to St. Clair for a couple days but the huge winds messed that up for us.

We got alot of muskies this year, but I think I only took 2 pictures the entire season and they were both on the West Arm and I've posted them both here before.

This girl came just after sunrise on opening morning last June.

Cnv0084.jpg

And this one came in August a couple miles away.

Cnv0143.jpg

And it's an even better day, when you can help a friend land a 50"er

IMG_0184.jpg

I spend many many hours on the water and sometimes feel like I live on my boat, and am fortunate to do quite well, but to me now, this is what I'd rather take pictures of. :)

Hope everyone else had a great season too !! :Gonefishing:

Cnv0123.jpg

Cnv0091.jpg

Cnv0173.jpg

Edited by lew

I marvel at your skills of catching those big ones Lew.

But I do understand your feelings on taking pictures of the fish. It is the people that surround us in our lives and how they affect us that are more important. I also enjoy the nature pics.

Even though you didn't take many pictures Lew, these ones you posted are excellent muskies.

That's an incredible Bald Eagle picture as well.

Hope you get something down at the Niagara in December!

Cheers,

ehg

I remember seeing those and I still like looking at them :thumbsup_anim:

You also had a great year lew and want to congratulate you on a fine one :clapping:

I know that your boat season is not over yet but getting close, so for what's left of it, good luck :canadian:

Thanks for taking the time to post your report and sharing it with us :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Leechman

Almost missed this one Lew!

Had me head up me bottom.

I can be your camera guy you know.

I can be your net guy too.

When your memory fades, a zillion musky pics will help put the pieces back together!

Great shots :clapping:

That pretty much sums it up eh Lew. We don't take nearly as many fish pics as we used to either. Half the time I'm just enjoying the scenery and get excited when that big bird lands nearby or that full moon comes up over the horizon.

The whole boating/outdoors experience and meeting/fishing with friends is what makes the trip, catching the fish is bonus.

Thanks for your recap, some great pics there. Love the eagle shot.

Joey

Thanks folks, and it's good to hear a couple others are like myself and are content to just mostly take the scenery pics these days.

Course, if I get the 50 pounder I'm lookin for on the Niagara on the 13th, I may just grab the camera & take a quick picture of her :lol:

Bald Eagle -- Nipissing? My cottage is not far away (Restoule) and i have never seen one up there (but sure would love to)

cram, that eagle was photographed down in the Kawarthas near Peterboro, infact there's a few of them that have been living there for a couple years now. Their absolutely gorgeous birds and it's great to see them moving south.

I've seen eagles on Nippissing too but never got a pic of one yet.

This is another one that was sitting in the next tree to the one in the other pic I posted, but he took off just as I clicked the camera, but I think the picture is kinda nice, although not really clear.

Cnv0125.jpg