Poker thread????

Harrison

I think the boys are making a very valid argument and are doing so with tact. I would also like to add I agree with Terry on this one. We have both been long standing members, members that saw this thing grow and grow and i like to think in a way helped build it to what it is today, and told our friends about it who in turn told thier friends etc.. and it is a shame when something you loved to do (chat on OFC) changes in a manner which alot of us view something less then it once was... Money can ruin a great many friendships... One man started this thing built it to what it was and made a livelihood from it and because of circumstances is backing away... now we have many men running the show and we are now talking about Incorporating this thing we all hold near and dear to our hearts with a select few members as the CEO and CFO and CIO and Chief legal counsel..

This place used to be about Community now it seem it is about the almighty dollar with many hands in the pot.

With the exception of "He who shall not be named" there were not a ton of posts that were edited killed or deleted back in the day...

Alot of the people using these forums will say so what? those people also have not been here 5 or 6+ years watching it grow and dont really now any better then what they have right now before their eyes.

I understand things will never go back to the way they were.. we have grown just to large for that... but perhaps you guys can ease up a touch? and let that sense of brotherhood continue?

I did not write this to slam any of the mods or the corporate owners or whoever else is running the show... just expressing what I as an individual sees feels and understands.

Gerritt.

Edited by Gerritt

....There has always been loads of posts deleted, nuked, locked or whatever on all previous boards. For some reason it always becomes an issue when it's "your" posts being nuked, yes that's right it's "what happened to my post?" wah!!

It's a message board, not much has changed imo other than you all need to get out fishing.

Gerrit,If i read it correctly a while back the owner was making 1% of his income from the site and was taking up a large percentage of his time.I have been here for a long time also and yes the place has changed,some ways for the better and some ways for the worse.If the guys want to incorporate and make a go at it I will support them.I hope they do well.I have met all of the mods here,as have you ,and can say they are all top notch guys and would not hesitate to help them in any way I could just as they would do the same for you or me.They are not a faceless mega corperation but a few guys trying to make this thing work out.Just my thoughts on this subject.

Joe

It's like this every year CH. You can set your watch by it. Two out of season bass one vertically held muskie and a coupla hi-res pics of a very secret honey hole (of which only a few thousand people know about) and we'll be right on target.

I'm dying Roy always wondered about your sense of humour!