Browns Today

solopaddler

Before I get to part 2 of the Manistee adventure, here's a couple of browns I caught today.

Didn't fish for long, it was ccccold! My old bones can't take it anymore LOL!

Numb finger, frozen toes, roe bags freezing solid if left exposed to the air for more than a couple minutes...

Lots-o-fun! :)

Nov2008browns001.jpg

Nov2008browns002.jpg

Now the surprise bonus!

Hunched deep into my jacket with the hood up (no peripheral vision), I flicked my float across the river and just as it was about to drop, this guy flew into it:

Nov2008browns003.jpg

What an epic battle :D .

A nearby angler asked if I was fly fishing :P .

After several knuckle dusting runs I managed to slide him onto the gravel...

He then proceeded to PECK the c@#*p out of me when I tried to unhook him LOL!

A nearby angler came to my rescue and held the critter still while I performed the removal.

Nov2008browns004.jpg

The little pecker (and I say that in the literal sense) then flew right out of the guys hands straight at my face!! :w00t:

That was enough for me, shortly afterwards I packed up for home.

Memorable outing though..

Cheers

Someone has another thread up asking about your part two...this is what I posted....

He's off work on Thurs and Fridays....wanna bet he's out fishing and he'll be behind by two reports?? LOL.

Do I know you or what?? LOL. Nice fish Mike...gorgeous fish!!! Was going to head out tonite, but I'm too tired to freeze my butt of out there.

Someone has another thread up asking about your part two...this is what I posted....

Do I know you or what?? LOL. Nice fish Mike...gorgeous fish!!! Was going to head out tonite, but I'm too tired to freeze my butt of out there.

HAHA! Yep!

(I'm actually not "off" on Thursday/Fridays. I'm usually at home watching both kids...sometimes I get a reprieve though :) )