2mg pixel camera on phone, any good model?

bassfighter

My regular 640x480 camera on phone just could not take good picture especially on winter months due to lack of sunlight. This fish was caught on monday . just bad quality image from motorola phone.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd294/b...bum/fishing.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd294/b...album/fish2.jpg

Anyone has 2 meg of higher pixel camera on phone, that one could recommend? How are the image qualities?

All my camera'S ARE DSLR AND TOO BULKY TO CARRY when hiking on creeks.

Edited by bassfighter

I have a 2.1 megapixel camera on my Nokia phone. It has a night mode and a flash....but both are crap. Takes great daytime pictures, but low light is still lacking. I'd suspect you'd need a real flash on a phone in order to get better quality pics....which would burn out your battery pretty quickly.

I have a sony 580i and I was surprised at the pics it took. It’s a 2 mp but no flash. Another option is a cheap point and shoot camera. You can go to xs cargo or factory direct or other referb stores and get a camera for under 40$. That mite be cheaper than replacing you phone. just a thought

travis

med_gallery_256_231_222896.jpg

My phone took some pretty decent pictures last winter... its a motorolla Krazer.

Terrible phone though, dont buy it. The only useful thing is the camera.

side note...I miss fishing with that rod. I think im going to dust it off this weekend!

I thought about a camera but after hearing all the horror stories on here of members getting the dropsies with either a camera or phone near water along with knowing my luck I decided to get a waterproof camera. All the brands I checked out were way too expensive for what I wanted and the picture quality not that great so I comprised I bought a refurbed Canon that fits into a weatherproof case. Total cost under 100 bucks takes great photos and I can drop in water up to 12ft deep and not lose my investment..... Anoter big advantage is the canon runs on AA's so never had to worry about finding batteries when away on a trip if the 4 rechargables I carry run out of juice.

The company that makes the weatherproof cases seems to be Canadian and they also make snapper suits for some Nikons and other Canons. It was a cheap pratical solution for shooting fish pics now I just have to learn how to catch some fish again LOL.

I have a HTC Touch, the phone is decent but for $100 you can buy a crappy P&S digital and carry it in your vest.

I have one as well, they don't take great pics.

If you want a camera by a camera. Cell phone cameras are good in a pinch but they don't have the best quality optics.

The company that makes the weatherproof cases seems to be Canadian and they also make snapper suits for some Nikons and other Canons. It was a cheap pratical solution for shooting fish pics now I just have to learn how to catch some fish again LOL.

What kind of case did you get. I have a canon p&s too. I've never dropped it but the one time that I almost did, it was on the water. Does it still fit in a vest pocket?

i have ... or should i say used to have a Sony Ericsson W810i ... it's an older model, maybe 2 years? I've had mine for 2.5 years.

With a 2.0 mega pixel camera phone you should be able to take decent pictures during the day time, but most won't work well at night as their "light" or "flash" isn't bright enough.

The W810i has a 2mega pixel camera and what I like about it is it has a "light" function ... which is like a flashlight and it comes in handy all the time.

But ... ... the stupid rain drowned my beloved W810i when I went fishing last week ... left it in the outside pocket of my gortex rainjacket ... i stayed dry all night ... my phone didn't :wallbash:

Edited by Victor

I have to agree with Victor on this one, i have the same phone as he did mine still works tho :whistling:

Its great and small and fits in your pockets nice and takes half decent pics. It has a light option like he said and it comes in handy if you are taking pics in dark places.

here is a pic attached that i took with the phone.

Pic.JPG

Thanks for the input guys. I know Iphone takes good quality picture, and some 5meg pixel Phone camera also does. I just do not want to pay for the price.

I own two DSLR, Canon and Nikon, and they are amazing, just somewhat bulky, I will be hiking for shore fishing this winter and try to avoid carrying unnecessary stuff if I can help it.

Conclusion: I just have to buy another smaller camera . Samsung is selling a 6 meg for $49. I read that the picture quality is decent for its price.

Edited by bassfighter

What kind of case did you get. I have a canon p&s too. I've never dropped it but the one time that I almost did, it was on the water. Does it still fit in a vest pocket?

I got a snapper suit by Bonica. Here is the website. I can't fit mine into my vest because the lens covers is extended all the time but it does fit into my camo coat pocket easily. They give you just enough on the handle strap to put around your neck if you are wading... I like the fact that it keeps sand and dirt out too and adds a bit of shock resistance too.

http://www.bonicadive.com/catalog19.htm

Just took this shot with my Blackberry Pearl. Takes a decent picture and does almost everything an IPhone will do, including syncing up with your I-tunes and such.....it just doesn't do it with as much flare as the Iphone....Don't get me wrong, I'm a Mac FREAK and would love an Iphone, but I don't have the $200 to buy it and have had nothing but trouble with rogers in the past. I've been with Telus for 3 years and love them! Always great customer service, and their data packages are MUCH better than Rogers.

IMG00055.jpg

I love technology and usually have the lastest cellphone out there. The older sony w810i was a solid cellphone. Built very tough and had a pretty decent camera for 2mp. It wasn't even a cybershot line of cellphone, it was a walkman. The sony cybershots are good, especially the k790 it is a 3.2mp, this model is a bit older so you can usually get it for a cheaper price. The 5mp cybershot sony k850 shots amazing pictures but has softwares issues so I would avoid them.

Samsung and Nokia also have some very good camera phones out there. Try checking out the U series or G series samsung cellphones and the Nokia N95. I wouldn't get an iphone for the camera feature when fishing because it's not a rugged device you would like to carry around and they don't have a flash. My daily phone is a blackberry curve 8320 which is a 2mp that takes decent pictures. I also have a razr as my beater phone when I am creek fishing.