Deer Steak - Supper Time - NF

Leecher

Thanks for that recipe leechman, must be good on the BBQ. One thing I usually do is that I make sure that my plates have been in the oven for a while, so they are nice and hot to put the steaks in . I find that if teh steaks get cold they get very tough. But if I can keep them warm they stay tender. I actually have cast iron plates with wooden holders that I keep just for venison.

Great tip Dan :thumbsup_anim: and thanks for the reminder :clapping: I too do that and forgotten to mention to heat up the plate before serving. It just slip my mind :dunno: Must be old age :lol:

I would certaintly try it on the BBQ to..... doesn't matter what the heat source.... for me, like the old cast iron pan with a little butter :thumbsup_anim: mmmmm

Jacques

Garlic is my birthstone!

I put it on Froot Loops!

A little red wine in the marinade will help ya out as well

You need some kind of acid to help break down the large fibers.

Also, try punching the crap out of the steaks while they are marinading in the bag... poor man's tenderizer!

Also, consider orange juice/rinds in yer next batch!

Some folks use soy sauce instead of salt!

Gotta go... feeling garlic deprived... must eat gyros!!!!!!!

HH

On froot Loops :w00t: Hope you don't get a breatherlizer test :lol: Just joking :canadian::lol:

I hear ya.... the more garlic the better and the wine will take the taste to the next level for sure :thumbsup_anim: Soya is already in the recipe but the orange juice is real interesting :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for your input HH :thumbsup_anim: Now have different options for my next marinade B)

Thanks again

Jacques