Quick Pervect Vue report

HTHM

So my daughters’ boyfriend and I leave Hamilton for a great day of fishing. We should of had taken the hint when the engine caught on fire at the gas station.... I spilled oil on the manifold and it caught on fire. :wallbash: Fortunately I was able to blow it out before it became a real problem. :rolleyes:

We then drove on to Belleville where we met Sam at Carras, what a nice fellow! He advised us on some lures, we bought them and drove on to Nappanee.

In Nappanee he did a quick clean up of the car, (the boyfriend, not Sam), and put all the garbage into a bag and I tossed it away at a variety store. On to Perfect Vue we go.

We arrive, do the meet & greet, and talk about the lures we just bought. I ask him to get the lures out of the car, and he cannot find them.........Our powers of deduction come into play; we realize the lures are in the garbage in Nappanee. :wallbash::wallbash: I hop in the car and dash off to Nappanee, 2 minutes out, the alternator light comes on and I realize This is NOT going to be as good of a weekend as I thought! I make to town and back, decide the solution is best sought out in the morning and socialize for the rest of the evening. Laughs were had, stories were told, and a good time was had by all.

We wake up to the sound of rain hitting the roof, I am grateful I brought my rain gear. Memart is our ride for the day. Man did we luck out with him as teacher! :thumbsup_anim: He is very knowledgeable and willing to share. Thanks again for letting us ride with you! Sadly we were skunked, but we learned a tremendous amount about precision trolling. It is a challenging thing to do as a rookie, but very effective at getting your baits where you want them.

At the end of the day, we headed back to Nappanee, on a freshly charged battery, (thanks again for the loan, I forget your name, but am grateful nonetheless :clapping::thumbsup_anim: ) and get to CTC. $400 later we are on our way home OUCH! The drive home was surprisingly uneventful, kind of a lunch bag letdown. <_< but a welcome one though.

Great report, too bad about the skunk, it happens. Must have been great to get out with such experienced anglers!

LOLOLOL.....had to laugh at the uneventful let down journy back......I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN......felt that way a few times this year.

Thanks for sharing that.

Wow....now that's a bad fortune report!!!.....question is: Were you able to recover the lures outa the garbage??? :Gonefishing:

Yes I did, and in retrospect, it was good thing he had done that, as we would not have found out about the alternator till 11 pm last night when I was planning on leaving originally.

Kind of reminded me about my long weekend fishing venture. EXPENSIVE. At least you persevered and was able to fish. Skunk or no skunk at least you learned about the water and techniques for next time. Of note, At least your fishing. We have ice and snow now as winter is settling in. Great report, thanks.

Kind of reminded me about my long weekend fishing venture. EXPENSIVE. At least you persevered and was able to fish. Skunk or no skunk at least you learned about the water and techniques for next time. Of note, At least your fishing. We have ice and snow now as winter is settling in. Great report, thanks.

Thanks for the sympathy, are you able to ice fish yet?

Sorry to hear about all the troubles, but glad to hear you got your lures back, you still got out on the water, and met up with the gang!! All those things makes it worth while. You gotta figure, the alternator was giong to go anyways, so eventually you'd have been out that $400...this way you got to fish, learn a few things, experience the generosity of the group and meet with fellow OFNers....not bad if you ask me.

Sorry to hear about all the troubles, but glad to hear you got your lures back, you still got out on the water, and met up with the gang!! All those things makes it worth while. You gotta figure, the alternator was giong to go anyways, so eventually you'd have been out that $400...this way you got to fish, learn a few things, experience the generosity of the group and meet with fellow OFNers....not bad if you ask me.

I was not complaining, as the good by far outweighed the bad. I met new people, got to know my daugters BF a lot better and learned more about trolling than I thought possible. It is quite the science!

My biggest regret is that I missed out on Saturday night and the food and fun that was had by all.