SOGGY SATURDAY STEELHEADING !!! ... a few PICS

jdmls

Left the house waaaay to early this morning, brainstorming that we would try to hit a certain creek before the rain blows it over by mid morning...Well we timed it good but the water level came up way to quick and totally shut down the steel... Fished it until about 8:30 and decided it was time to hit another river. As we were packing up , the new addition BillM flops a drift right by the slack water and gets a big take down, FISH ON....After the hook set, all that Berge , Silvio and I saw was crazy bulldogging !!!....No big runs or jumps , but Bill's rod was bowed right over getting crazzy headshakes from this fish.... Low and behold, after about 5 mins, he finally gets its head up and all I saw was a huge KYPE.... BIG BROWN COMIN DOWN !!! a little more back and forth and he landed the chunky male brown for a pic.....This thing had one crazy Kype, I named it HALLOWEEN BROWN, as it was a tad scarry looking, LOL

P1020536.jpg

Stopped by Tim's for a coffee and some food before getting back out in the terential downpour at trib # 2 ... I have been soaked before , but today was rediculous... Fishing was slow, but we managed a few before the rain blew us out ....

Poor Silvio , hooked into a huge buck that B lined up the pool jumping and splashing... This thing was fresh, and had probably come in the river over night.. He held on for a little , but the fish broke him off soon after... best / biggest fish of the day, by far... you'll get him next time Sil !!!

Here's the few we landed before the river got blown out bad..... Looks like everything it gonna be washed out until the middle of next week...Its a good , thing cause I need some sleep !!!

P1020542.jpg

P1020545.jpg

P1020539.jpg

P1020547.jpg

Good job boys, Bill my man I hope you enjoyed yourself you did well I was happy to donate my fish to you lol. I got my ass handed to me today next time all get some pics. I am sure Bill had to change his pants when he saw my fish high jump his line and b line faster then I could react Bill this is what makes you roll out of bed. Bill you did well and that brown is one of a kind hope you enjoyed yourself. And BBnotty it's a shame you didn't land your hog that fish had to be mid teens. once again boys another good day on the tribs next time all get one on the bank no long distance releases lol.

Edited by silvio

We had a great time out there. its always nice to get out and hit some fish with good friends. That brown Bill landed had nice colours but that mouth is going to give me nightmares. Love those pictures Dave . Silvio we both had fish beat us up today, maybe next time we get them back.

I had a blast with you guys, Silvio you crack me up man. Remind me to make sure that I am to your right the next time we go fishing, I saw my life flash before my eyes a few times today :) Weather was horrible but the company couldn't be beat.. I really thought that was a Chinny until we got a real good look at her.. All I can remember is Dave saying, "I've only seen 2 %$#damn Chinnys in here all year!!"

All you guys were super helpful today, from answering my questions to helping me out on what to do once I got a fish on. It tell ya, it was nice to see the float go down for once!

Bill, for the luv of God !!!! Please don't make me look at the picture of the Halloween Brown in your avtar pic. Its giving me chills down my spine :blink: ...Pick any picture, just please don't remind me of that scarry KYPE...

I wish it was my reel in this one.. I am a tad jealous as to how good this shot came out..

P1020547.jpg

Big brown coming down!!!!!!!!!!!

That pic is awesome, actually all the pics you took that day turned out really good. If you have any high res ones, could you email them to me?

We'll have to get out again soon, hopefully the rain (snow up here) takes a break and the water levels get back down to normal.