Couture vs. Leznar UFC91

ehg

Really, i can't tell who would win this.

Couture has beaten alot of guys who were bigger than him and way younger, more skilled.

He is 45 yrs. old though and Brock Leznar is a brute. Heck of a fight is gonna happen. :dunno:

I'm pulling for Couture :jerry:

I hope Lesnar wins so he stays in MMA and gets his head beat in.

This fight really dissapoints me and lowers UFC to WWE standards

Feel the same way but still find this match intriguing.

I think the whole Kimbo Slice thing really hurt organized MMA.

how does this fight lower UFC standards??? Brock is a heavyweight contender... but...I dont think he should have a title fight so soon, many men go a couple years and countless fights before they are even considered a contender...

Now if Brock gets in the ring and grabs the mic and calls out randy and mir for a triple threat match....then maybe i would agree with you...

anyways...Brock is way too strong for randy. Randy has not fought in a year, ring rust will be a factor IMO. I say brock wins by TKO in second round..

Some great fights coming up in UFC!!

Man you guys are so wacked.

Lesnar will kick his :asshat:

Why,because he,s stronger,bigger and quicker younger. For the mans size,can you tell me another thats as quick as him. He dosent even need a ground game. He just pounds on ya.

Lesner in the first.

Brock is a heavyweight contender

Yes he is,and the next champion. :clapping:

Edited by misfish

Couture has two chances I figure, slim and none. He has no submission game. Name me one person he has finished by submission. GnP is all he has, and maybe he was a more decorated wrestler once, but he'll be giving up 40 lbs effectively on fight night and he's old an rusty. I just don't know how he can win. Lucky punch or Lesnar gassing, that's the only way I can see him pulling it off. Then again, a lot of people said that about BHop versus Pavlik and BHop dominated.

Then again, Couture has risen against the odds before and manhandled way better strikers and bigger fighters in Gonzaga and Silvia. If he can withstand the opening moments and bull rush, I think Lesnar will fade and make a mistake. His cardio is touted as unreal and whatnot, but I don't know that it has ever been tested. I am afraid there will be a lot of lay and pray if it doesn't end in a quick stoppage for Lesnar as neither fighter are much at finishing.

I hope I'm wrong, Randy Couture is a legend and an inspiration and I'd love to see him fight a strong jiu jitsu fighter like Big Nog or even Mir.

Charles

Brock is too slow????? lol brock is the quickest person i have seen at 265lbs.... the man has to cut weight to make heavyweight! I have honestly never seen a quicker true heavyweight...

Brock's 2nd fight ever was against a former heavyweight champ Frank Mir. He got caught with a submission by an excellent fighter... 90% of people who fight Frank Mir lose by submission....Him losing was no surprise, but he did prove how quick and powerful he was to take Mir down and almost stop the fight...

IMHO, randy will get the beat down... he is going to find how powerful Brock really is...

Brock for the win!!

True Couture has no submissions , but neither does Lesnar, both are wrestlers, G&P if Randy can use his conditioning and experience and get it into the 3rd + rounds he can pull it off -remember power is only good if youre not gassed, ask George Foreman! 1st 2 rounds I pick Lesnar -if it goes beyond Couture ground n pound.TKO 4th.

Oh man

Randy destroyed Sylvia? Yes, he picked him apart, but he won that fight on the ground, he got inside got a leg trip and controlled it on the ground, he wont be able to do that to Brock.

Brock Slow? NO

Brock next champ? For a few months, he will beat Couture and get subbed by Nogueira in the first round.

Everyone keeps saing Couture will sub Brock. I highly doubt it, he has 2 submission wins in his career. He will work the clinch, which I dont see him being able to control. He was an olympic alternate in greco roman wrstling, but Brock will be 55-60 pounds heavier come fight time, and an awesome wrestler. If Couture wins this .... I will be in complete and utter shock, I will be very excited though. I just see Brock dominating.

Brock is ever-improving as he continues to train. He will be a HUGE force in MMA. I hate when people say he's a joke because he was a WWE wrestler. I hate WWE, but Brock Lesnar isn o longer a WWE wrestler. He is a legitimate NCAA Div 1 Champion, hes not on roids, he does this all legitimately, yet he is hated because of his previous job. Come on, thats just immature.

My money is on Randy Couture, because he is Randy Couture.

Randy's striking is more technical though less powerful

Randy's clinch is nasty

Randy is more used to being on his back than Brock

Randy's cardio even at 44 is superior to Brock's.

Randy by sheer experience in the 4th round.

Although I never want to bet against Couture, you can't overlook the fact that Lesnar controlled and overpowered Heath Herring, who is not a can. If it goes to ground Couture has a chance to sub Lesnar. We'll see. Should be fun no matter what.

If Couture wins this .... I will be in complete and utter shock, I will be very excited though.

If Lesnar wins this i would be shocked!

Couture has way more experience with 15 minutes of this brutal mayhem.

That's why i initially posted this to get others opinion, which seem evenly split. :Gonefishing:

Remember the younger, stronger bigger , tougher Gonzaga? You can never count Couture out ! MMA anything can happen.

Remember when Gonzaga got his nose broken in the first round and could hardly breathe? He was spitting out blood the whole fight and breathing with his mouth wide open. He hates beign hit, and was bound to lose that fight

I think it will be a intresting fight and for me I am looking at a 50:50 with expierence on one side and brutal fast power on the other.

All I know is that tonight I'll be sitting in my living room with a case of keith's chilling in the fridge and watching it unfold on a 46" plasma and thanking god it's not me in the ring with either of them