Buy out

misfish

but everything had to be legit? LOL I don`t know how your system works up there. We have a social security retirement-disability plan here in the states.

Cash money maybe nice if you use it wisely, most people I have seen here make it and use it. No money paid into the social security plan for it, they don`t bother putting it into a 401k. Ours is based on legit income, money you don`t report doesn`t increase what you get for a retirement check, or disability income if something should happen to you to cut short your working career.

LOL I have friends and even family members that went the cash money way, now whining that they only will get 600-700 a month from social security and can`t retire.

Might seem like a good deal now but it can screw you up later. Every job I took was legit, just made more sense to me.

Not quite the same here, but the amount paid in is factored to a certain degree. There is also an income supplement for seniors also. Put together they still only provide a meagre pension to live on.

Thanks bigugli, I looked it up, a better understanding of the differences now. We pay into ours I believe now until we make over 100,000 dollars. When I started working full time the cap was like 13,000?

Maximum benefit was 3,000 but that was only paid to people who made higher incomes and paid in more. We also get a cost of living adjustment annually.

Same deal here though, social security income only means a pretty meager living when you retire or become disabled.

All things considered I was very lucky when I became disabled to have enough time in to qualify for my pension from work also.

The company I work for is in the manufacturing industry (though not auto).

Our factory is unionized, and UNSKILLED workers start at around $14/hr. To my knowledge, we have never had any strikes, stoppages or shortages of workers. The reason that we have been so successful is that the unions and management work with each other, not against each other.

the only thing these companies need to save themselves are to oust the pricks at the top...

Big Three CEOs Flew Private Jets to Plead for Public Funds

Auto Industry Close to Bankruptcy But They Get Pricey Perk

By BRIAN ROSS and JOSEPH RHEE

November 19, 2008

The CEOs of the big three automakers flew to the nation's capital yesterday in private luxurious jets to make their case to Washington that the auto industry is running out of cash and needs $25 billion in taxpayer money to avoid bankruptcy.

The CEOs of GM, Ford and Chrysler may have told Congress that they will likely go out of business without a bailout yet that has not stopped them from traveling in style, not even First Class is good enough.

All three CEOs - Rick Wagoner of GM, Alan Mulally of Ford, and Robert Nardelli of Chrysler - exercised their perks Tuesday by flying in corporate jets to DC. Wagoner flew in GM's $36 million luxury aircraft to tell members of Congress that the company is burning through cash, asking for $10-12 billion for GM alone.

"We want to continue the vital role we've played for Americans for the past 100 years, but we can't do it alone," Wagoner told the Senate Banking Committee.

While Wagoner testified, his G4 private jet was parked at Dulles airport. It is just one of a fleet of luxury jets owned by GM that continues to ferry executives around the world despite the company's dire financial straits.

"This is a slap in the face of taxpayers," said Tom Schatz, President of Citizens Against Government Waste. "To come to Washington on a corporate jet, and asking for a hand out is outrageous."

Wagoner's private jet trip to Washington cost his ailing company an estimated $20,000 roundtrip. In comparison, seats on Northwest Airlines flight 2364 from Detroit to Washington were going online for $288 coach and $837 first class.

After the hearing, Wagoner declined to answer questions about his travel.

Ford CEO Mulally's corporate jet is a perk included for both he and his wife as part of his employment contract along with a $28 million salary last year. Mulally actually lives in Seattle, not Detroit. The company jet takes him home and back on weekends.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/WallStreet/s...5739&page=1 <--- for the video..

G

Our factory is unionized, and UNSKILLED workers start at around $14/hr. To my knowledge, we have never had any strikes, stoppages or shortages of workers. The reason that we have been so successful is that the unions and management work with each other, not against each other.

Trying to see what your comment does for your employees here. Not being rude to you, but our plant is in the same status as yours,but we have NO UNION.

Just found out today,were hitting an aerospace company. Boy things are looking better all the time for us.

Edited by misfish

Yet it's the guy working the lines fault or the fault of the union.I just don't get it.

I know not all employees want the union,but in my way of thinking,the employees are the union.Made me think about what was said to Dans reply by GCD. YOU WORK FOR THE UNION??????? Maybe wrong to say,but thats how I see it.

Even as their companies fail, Ford and GM CEOs continue lavish lifestyles.

The CEOs of GM, Ford and Chrysler may have told Congress that they will likely go out of business without a bailout yet that has not stopped them from traveling in style, not even First Class is good enough.

Alan Mulally was shown exiting his private jet and getting in to a LEXUS LS430!! So you don't like American made cars either huh, Mulally?

Time these Turds took a Pay cut before cutting the hard working family man

Edited by holdfast

Alan Mulally was shown exiting his private jet and getting in to a LEXUS LS430!! So you don't like American made cars either huh, Mulally?

Time these Turds took a Pay cut before cutting the hard working family man

This is a scary day... and I will be marked in infamy .... I actually agree with you HF!

...... watches the skies for the lightning bolt.

G

You forgot to mention the union heads there HF. Im sure they were not to far behind them,to tell thier sad story too.

This one I cant believe they said,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It's not our fault.

Aint it the truth,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Richard Shelby, the Alabama Republican who has been a critic of the industry, said he believes if taxpayers fork over $25 billion today, the industry will be back soon looking for more.

Lewenza said the union has done its part to respond to the Detroit Three's shrinking market share, giving up hundreds of millions of dollars in concessions in collective bargaining.

:lol::lol::P:dunno::blahblah1:

Found out today that Chrysler,( others haven't/wont report) has a $5.5 Billion deficit just for their Pension. I guess you and me will be paying for it, maybe after CEOs take their cut, Unions Take theirs, Company pays some creditors, then just maybe some will go into the high Paying plant man. There is only one thing to do is Chapter 11 and start from scratch the right way. Don'T worry, we'll still produce cars. But what kind? It worked with the steel industry. I don't know how anybody can be proud and Loyal working or Buying any of these products especially now. Talk about GREED and MISMANAGEMENT

• 6 months later...

Well....as predicted GM has filed for chapter 11 protection. Let's crunch some numbers...

$50 billion from US in bailout money

$10 billion from Canada

All for a company that could be bought OUTRIGHT for 500 million if every outstanding share was purchased. So, for our 10 billion, Canada assumes a 12% stake in this glorious company.

funny how its a handout. the monies would be re-payed. .

albany guide. when chrylser borrowed money from the goverments it was re-payed. actually in 2 years in full. do some serious checking..

Ahh yes.......it has been repaid alright. A 10 billion dollar loan has been 'repaid' with a 12% stake in a 500 million dollar company, equaling 60 million dollars, or a measly 0.006% 'repayment'.

That money is gone forever, Outlaw. How does that crow taste?

Don't quote me on this, but I thought I heard that GM has 2016 to pay the loan. So Harper says he doubts we will see the money. Loan my Aaasssss. Its a give away. No more Bailouts. Cut Taxes and put them back in my pocket and Ill spend it to Boost Economy. Not the jackasses that call themselves Canadian Politicians. Its about time they had a BBQ with the working Person, 92% of us so we can tell them >>>>STOP>>> putting my Grand Kids in Debt. Just like the Carbon Tax, Global Warming and all the other Alarmist crap that's recently being played out. Stop the Cheap drugs. What a bunch of CRACKERS

Well, it was bound to happen. Clearly, the billions upon billions that GM has spent on trying to get Dale Earnhardt Jr. into the chase, has failed. Now it's up to us, the taxpayers, to try to make sure he makes it in. This could cost us trillions of dollars. :whistling: