Buy out

misfish

Locked out...........

I for one will say NO MORE BUYING OUTS.

The "UNIONS" are the reason for this ,and all of "YOU" that feel it,a not,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

You can kiss me arse.

We all know our rights as workers,we all know what we are to do at our jobs,this is the 2000.s,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

WORK

Sorry but, enoughs,enough.

Make it in Canada,but dont rape your fellow Canadians.

Edited by misfish

If one of the US automakers had a serious new strategy as to how they are going to become competitive, then fine.....otherwise, this is all just band-aids on a burn victim. Its not going to help at all. Those companies are up poo creek and a few billion dollars isn`t going to change that. New strategies might (and you`re right -- their workforce liabilities are a major disadvantage for them), but $ isn`t.

Edited by cram

Let me add that i feel bad for the workers. They`re the ones getting hosted. The execs at the automakers will make their dough.

Just saying i don;`t think the gov should bail them out. Cash isn`t going to solve anything.

Edited by cram

Bah. Please for the love of god someone post some non-steelhead pics. Cabin fever's setting in early this year.

Sorry Rich,Im between hunts,

I do agree, the f word should be taken out. Screwed over would be a better word.

Edited by misfish

Sorry Rich,Im between hunts,

I do agree, the f word should be taken out. Screwed over would be a better word.

Yes we do have kids that read this board too. Yes I know thay are exposed to that language at school, etc, however they should not be exposed here IMHO

they can give them all the money in the world but it still does not cure anything. Alot of People can't afford to buy brand new cars anymore cause they have lost there good paying jobs. So how is bailing them out a cure. Bailing them out won't boost car sales!

No one's bailing me out.No one's paying my mortgage.No one's topping up my RRSP's because they've taken a BIG

hit.No one's topping up my mutual funds because they've fallen lower then a snakes belly.The last people that need a bail out is the auto makers.The ceo's of these companies have been making millions for years and who gets the shaft??the line workers,the blue collar guy.Sure they might be making a decent wage but lets look at what these companies have been making for years.They own football teams,baseball teams,etc.and we the people that do the work can't afford to buy a damn car or pay our bills.Enough! Cry someone else a river.

No one's bailing me out.No one's paying my mortgage.No one's topping up my RRSP's because they've taken a BIG

hit.No one's topping up my mutual funds because they've fallen lower then a snakes belly.The last people that need a bail out is the auto makers.The ceo's of these companies have been making millions for years and who gets the shaft??the line workers,the blue collar guy.Sure they might be making a decent wage but lets look at what these companies have been making for years.They own football teams,baseball teams,etc.and we the people that do the work can't afford to buy a damn car or pay our bills.Enough! Cry someone else a river.

This Bailout thing is like an aggressive cancer. Its spreading, word is getting out that we are going to Bailout the fat cats even after they've taken the Money. What peeves me off, is its their fault. The Big three decided to put all their money on SUVs, while the over seas markets not so much. Well guess what Sherlock, with the price of gas who wants a gobbler. Anyways they make way too many models. More is not better. Yea I agree on your statements.

Last time I checked, the unions weren't in charge of designing crappy cars that have decades old technologies. The OLD 3, we must stop calling them BIG, have been falling farther and farther behind. Even if they give them a cash boost, the thousands of workers they have eliminated won't ever buy their cars again. While we are on the subject, buying used North American cars does not give you the right to harass those who prefer quality cars made elsewhere. You are not supporting anything but your local used car dealer. I work in the auto industry heat treating 3.0L Ford V6 aluminum engine blocks that haven't changed in 3 years. I'm in the CAW and I don't make enough money to buy a new car, unless it was made in South Korea. I drive a 15 year old Lexus and a 12 year old Toyota. My Lexus still drives better than a new Malibu.

Well I seem to agree that there should not be any further buy outs. The Big 3 have for years enjoyed living high off the hog with their sales through the roof. The auto workers enjoying high salaries as they have a strong union and now the union can not be of any help.

Misfish I am with you on this one. Let the Big 3 take a tumble there will be others that will fill the void and work hard to become the big name in the auto industry. I could not afford a new truck and I happy driving my 1998 F150 4X4 with 340,000 kms and no rust as I have been taking care of it. This truck is paid for and now is worth nothing on the market and really I don not need a new truck now. Maybe a bigger boat for my truck to pull.

Unfortunately there will be many without employment and that is terrible. Their unions have done that to them. I see the economy has needing a big correction just like in the stock markets where there has been many increases and then a huge correction was required to bring them back in line.

I know that my business has suffered as a result of the high gas prices and parity with the US dollar all summer preventing anglers from coming into the Quinte area to fish. I wonder if the government will bail me out......NOT!

There will be many tumbles from this economy slow down as our area also runs auto industry parts etc. and those plants are either closing down or close to it. We have tightened our belts and will see where the chips will fall.

Regards,

Sam

Unions battle corporate big shots for their earned piece of the pie. The more the company raises the prices the more the penny should be divied up and spread out, not just lining the pockets of the CEO's and such. If the unions didn't fight for more then they wouldn't get more. On the same note the more the unions get the higher the price passed on to the consumer will be. Ultimately this has come to a head and now consumers can't afford to pay what the going price is because of job loss and lack of raises and inflation driving the market so far out of wack that....well here we are crapping out and no work and no money. How are we supposed to survive if something doesn't give. Giving the big handouts to corporations is not the way to fix the mess we got ourselves into. Nor is bailing out the consumers high credit cards, mortgages and debt. Why don't they stop some of the exports of oil and keep our own economy in check. Look after our own country for a change. In my opinion lowering rates and keeping gas prices a lot lower then they are might help us to recover from the mess we are in. B)

I agree no more buy outs, but as for blaming unions. If a organization union or other, came into your place of work and allowed you to make a better wage and give a better life for you and your family who wouldn't want it.

High off the hog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,how long til it,s gone????????????

I like to think, a guy as myself,wouldl work for a honest dollar for a honest days work.

The word here is HONEST. No whining,no WHINING. Do yer job. You know what you applied for.

Dont get me wrong.Im a JHSM and look out for alls interest.

misfish! If they can pay a man to kick a ball or swing a bat millions of dollars. Than to pay me $25 an hour to paint walls I think it is fair. We all choose are own path in life so take what comes.

Enyjoy til the end. Just like the rest. :whistling:

To bad theres no big three workers here, with thier "HONEST" opinions on this.

If a organization union or other, came into your place of work and allowed you to make a better wage and give a better life for you and your family who wouldn't want it.

Been there....

As a plumber apprentice before I became a Chef

And my Dad before me, and 4 brothers in the trades...all non Union.

We chose a lower wage that meant sutainable work all year....

It works out to more money over 365 days a year, more experiece on the job, and a better chance to prove my worth to a solid company, as opposed to layoffs in slow seasons, and moving around to were the work is.

Thats the issue with unions in Many industries...The high labor drives the cost up on projects, so the independants come in under and keep Their guys working all year....

Its the same story across the boards IMO

Single most profitable Auto maker...Toyota

No union, fair Pay, and they treat their employees fantastic

Like it or Lump it unions are out pricing them selves, and they kill productivity by protecting they lazy...

The company numbers speak for them selves...

When they shut down, its not because the CEO wants to line his pockets...its cause the company is no longer profitable in the market they have to deal with in the model the union has built.

In all industry be it union or not...

Survival of the fit is the law of the jungle.

Adapt, and prosper or sink...no artifical foundation will fix it.

Buy out?...hell NO!

Edited by Cookslav