Niagara Today

jwl

Hit the Lower Niagara today with a couple fellow winter diehards out in my boat for a crack at some steel. Fishing was slow to say the least, no good reports from anyone out there, we did a bunch of travelling around to try to find some fish and some good drifts. The current was a bit goofy today and some spots had barely a drift in the boat,viz not the greatest either but water still green. We tried everything...yarnflies,roe, and streamers and only came up with 2 for our efforts. I was getting a bit worried as I have this ongoing joke that my boat has never seen a skunk day since it rolled off the lot in summer of 2003, but somehow we manage to avoid the black and white stinky every time. I don't even care if it's me who puts one in the bott as long as at least one comes in it.

Finally my buddy Niagara put a little steelie in the boat saving the day, quickly after I commented and commended him for keeping the streak going..pheww!!! :lol:

We fished it hard, didn't see any other boats in the spots we tried hook up on anything, I still think it's just too nice out...water has finally dipped into the high 40's but it's still a bit to warm for any big numbers.

After spending the morning out there and getting ready to go home, I managed one OOSer greaser for the day, too bad it's not December yet or else I could have added a few nice inches for the Slammers on that one...but hey, I am getting the boat out there and trying guys, I will get one any day now!!!!

Quick CPR and off she went back into the drink :Gonefishing:

342869084.jpg

Edited by jwl

You lucky @#$%$#@ JWL...lol....cant believe you guys get to fish for Lakers still....were all done end of september to 1st January.

Anyway....now that i have insulted you...lol...may i congratulate you on a fine fish.

Thanks for sharing...good report.

well I admit, that one is about 2 weeks too early for the river.......hence the no entry for a GL tout for the team ;)

We was huntin for steelies, that gal just decided she needed to slime up my boat :lol::Gonefishing:

we need some freekin cold weather, water still a bit too warm for it to turn on :wallbash:

we need some freekin cold weather, water still a bit too warm for it to turn on :wallbash:

I hear ya, i got all excited about ice forming on the lakes here atthe beginning of this week.....damn temps are back to +1 for the next couple of days...lol.....and there was me test firing up my auger 2 days ago <_<<_<

Nice Grey ya got yourself there jwl!

Thanks for filing that report and I hope to run into you down there this season.

Cheers!

if ya see me around the river don't be shy, pop over and say hi, I always fish with a pretty good bunch of guys, weather permitting, probbaly have my boat down there almost twice a week all winter into spring :Gonefishing: