ice fishing sled for snowmobile

pike slayer

so i've been on the search for a ice fishing sled that i can tow behind my snowmobile. all the ones i see are cheap sleighs without a top. like i cant pull a topless sleigh, all my gear will be in the bush first bump. my buddy has this one sleigh and he has no idea where he got it. his dad has had it since he was born and its bright orange with a top and a clamp to clamp the lid, and theres are rubber bumpers on the tow hitch for the rough trails, there are no markings on it for what company made it. does anyone know where i can get one or do i just have to build one myself?

I've got an OtterII sleigh that I love. It comes with an elasticized tarp like cover that I always add a bungee cord over north/south to further secure. Never lost a thing. The sleigh, sliders and tow bar cost me about 200 a few years ago and it looks new still today. I use it a lot! It's really light too!

Edited by ctdd2006

I made a frame out of 2x3's attached a set of used snow ski's and used a 189l storage tub on one side & a bracket for ice auger on the other side. For a tow bar I used 3/4" EMT conduit. Hammered ends & drilled for attaching to snowmobile trailer hitch & sled. Galvanized hardware & large washers make the connection. Works great!

ya the only one i can find is the otter one and im not a fan of the soft cover, i'd want like a hard cover like a clam. i think im going to just build one, im a second year carpentry and second year cabinetmaking apprentice and got an old pair of downhill skis in the basement so im sure i can come up with something! and i young and get a bit crazy on my sled so im pretty sure id lose stuff on the trail without a good top.

Edited by pike slayer

Guest skeeter99

hey pike slayer

just so you know the clams do not have a hard cover they are all canvas, I do not know of any sleds that have a hard cover yet!!

but what I did years ago was take 2 otter sleds put one on top of the other and install 2 hinges and put a pin on the front and it is like a big briefcase worked well indeed

the 2 clams is a good ice but pricey, i dont wanna go out and buy 2 for that!and tracker that is kinda the idea i was thinking of if i will build one just will have down hill skis cause i got a pair already sitting here. i just wanted a nice looking one already made. im pretty lazy and just wanna buy a nice one! probably will break down and go to the lumber store and build one!