Looks like an ugly weekend....

johnnyb

Heading up to Muskoka tonight...don't think it will be worth re-oiling the motor and putting the boat in, but my slip bobber rigs and Gulp minnows are ready for some shore walleye attempts, or, if we can justify it, the canoe may go for a swim on a smallmouth/lake trout lake that has a year-round open season on lakers....fingers will be crossed, inside a warm pair of gloves :)

Anybody else heading out this weekend?

Yeah..the laker trip is going to be a game-time decision....forecast is cold and rainy...not nice in a canoe....but we'll see. Limey -- it's your slip-bobbing reports that have motivated me for these wallies....if I can't get the canoe in the water, I have a couple spots to try from shore.

Good luck. All my favorite fall river spots are on the shore lines anyway even though I'm always in a boat, so it can be good if you already know the structure of the river and can walk to one of those shoreline spots, if not any narrows would be a good start.

I would be bottom bouncing jigs and large minnows and leaving the slips at home. :D

We headed towards eastern Ontario very early yesterday morning for some muskies and really lucked out on the weather.

We drove thru rain on the way out, but it cleared before we launched the boat and we fished dry all day with a mix of sun and cloud, although it got VERY windy as the day wore on and made boat control tough, but it was still warm enough that neither of us wore a coat and we didn't even bother putting up the top on the boat.

We loaded the boat at the end of the day and as we were heading home last night the rain started again.

Rain while were in the car, but sun in the boat....Doesn't get much better than that !!

We headed towards eastern Ontario very early yesterday morning for some muskies and really lucked out on the weather.

We drove thru rain on the way out, but it cleared before we launched the boat and we fished dry all day with a mix of sun and cloud, although it got VERY windy as the day wore on and made boat control tough, but it was still warm enough that neither of us wore a coat and we didn't even bother putting up the top on the boat.

We loaded the boat at the end of the day and as we were heading home last night the rain started again.

Rain while were in the car, but sun in the boat....Doesn't get much better than that !!

But how was the fishing Lew??? :whistling:

lol ballast..

I got caught in rain/sleet storm yesterday while on the Nottawasaga.. Wasn't to bad, no one in sight spent a few hours fishing later in the day. Didn't catching anything, but no big deal, missed a shaker when I was pulling my float out of the water during one drift :)

I went out Saturday to a trib had the windy end of the pier to myself LOL. I fished for 7 hrs didn't see a fish caught or even hooked, but had a much better time than I would have sitting on the couch LOL. I was going to go out on Sunday until I was looking at the weather at 3AM. I checked my email and found that two different family members wanted help with some stuff. I did the right thing morally and stayed home to help. Ethically I am going to be mad though when I hear from my friends who went fishing and likely slammed fish all morning LOL