Nov 4th-5th Quinte Report

It wasn't that difficult to make a last minute decision to head down to Quinte after seeing the forecasted weather this week... :clapping:

I called a good buddy of mine and we made plans within minutes to get out and have some R&R, laughs and try to land some BOQ eyes...Left the house at 3:50AM Tuesday morning and picked Ray up in Amherstview at 6:00....we then drove to his summer home in Hay Bay, loaded up the boat and high tailed it to the ferry on the Adolpheus side...

Weather was awesome for this time of year and what was even better, was the lack of boat traffic out on the water compared to what it's like on a weekend ....We headed out east of the ferry and I was able to land the first eye, (which ended up being the only eye) within an hour of getting our lines out...A beautiful fatty that measured 31" long and weighed 10.1lbs :thumbsup_anim:

20081104_0002.jpg

This guy came out of nowhere behind us and was moving fast!!!

20081104_0001.jpg

Fishing was tough for everyone with this Indian Summer type weather that has moved in...water temps in the Reach area were between 52.5 and 53.1F..we talked to a few different gangs back at the motel on Tuesday night and none of them were able to land any eyes that day..

Got an early start Wednesday morning and caught the 6:00AM ferry....on the water by 6:20 and caught the first fish of the morning, a healthy 6lb'r at 7:45AM...We had 2 more fish on which got off fand that was it for the rest of the morning...The fish were deep!!! We were marking them at 60-90FOW...

Headin' out at 6:20AM....

20081105_0007.jpg

What a beauty morning!!!

20081105_0008.jpg

20081105_0009.jpg

20081105_0011.jpg

We met up with a few of our friends in their boat.

20081105_0014.jpg

Had a great time and looking forward to heading back down within the next couple of weeks!! Hopefully we get some cooler temps so that the water temp gets down to the 40's... :canadian:

Great report and thanks for the temp details... a suggestion for you next visit... run those inline boards twice as far out from the boat... clear water, spooky fish... good luck!

HH

Solid advice! :clapping: especially during the week with fewer boats around to worry about.

Great report and thanks for the temp details... a suggestion for you next visit... run those inline boards twice as far out from the boat... clear water, spooky fish... good luck!

HH

Thanks for the tip HH....those boards were out 100' behind the boat....so you're recommending that I should have them 200' behind??

Nice fish . Glad someone was able to take advantage of the beautiful weather.

Quick question for you if I may. Do you troll with your big motor on Quinte or with a kicker. If you use the big motor - how many HP do you have ?

I've got a 115 optimax recently and hope to get my rig set up to do some trolling next summer - but I'm afraid I may need a kicker.

Yup, 200 behind is better than 100 or 150, especially when winds are low, no walleye chop, to bust up light and sound (of yer engine).

I'd also suggest that you stay away from the crowds as a matter of fact, I would make that my first priority out there.

Good luck!

Ps... If yer out in 2-4 fotters, try running yer baits 60-80 ft behind the board and 200 to 250 ft out from the boat!

Just keep an eye on that board, cause when a double digit grabs that crank with only 60 ft behind the board, It's pretty cool! :Gonefishing:

HH