Pete Peterson Boat Ramp - Midland

irishfield

Gonna be three really ticked off lads at the end of the day when they find that they can't get back down the channel to load their boats onto their trailers that are sitting there! :wallbash:

Guess they'll have to tie to a sailboat dock... jump the fence... take their vehicles to Penetang... get a taxi back... drive their boats in the dark all the way around to Penetang and load there... oh and pay $20 !

Changes my launch plans in the morning... but sure glad Leah reads the local paper that I throw in the recycle bin !

They're dredging the channel and looks like they just started on it... not sure how long it will be closed but anyone fishing the area needs to plan accordingly for launching.

Edited by irishfield

I think Bay Port does have a ramp in there.. but not sure if they'll let transients use it. If they do... I know that their parking rate is $16.80 per day. their phone number is 527-7678

Barge has been dredging the sailboat docks for a couple weeks now... guess they moved out to the channel today and it now has a silt barrier across it... so you can't get out.

We launched at Petersen Park on Tuesday, November 4th. Didn't see a sign but did see the barge parked by the old launch. We were wondering why the water was so dirty and now we know. Had no problem getting in or out. My fishing partner wanted to go out again yesterday but I had other things I had to get done. I guess we would have been stuck there too if not for other commitments.

I am going to have to start reading that newspaper too.

I worked for Bayport about 9 years ago and they didn't have a ramp for small boats, only the boat lift which they used on the bigger boats. Parking space was available back then too. I haven't been there since then so this all could have changed by now.

Thanks for the info Wayne.

Tom

but sure glad Leah reads the local paper that I throw in the recycle bin !

They have a paper up here???? :P

You might be able to launch at Penetang for 10 bucks now that the season is pretty much done, I did that last year. Good luck to those who are heading out.

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

Tinbanger,

I probably won't be out in the boat anymore this season, my fishing partner decided to put it up for the winter. If you happen to go by the coal dock you might just see me with a line in the water and sipping on a Timmies.

Tom

Hey Mo, is that the boat ramp in the marina with the restaurant right beside the water ??

If so, forget the timmies, that place sells about the best burgers & mikshakes you'll find anywhere....if their still open this time of year :thumbsup_anim:

Yes.. I think the Dock Lunch is still open Lew.

Dave as Maureen said.. just stay on 93 straight thru town....when you get to the bottom of the hill.. keep going. After the beer store there is a pedestrian X walk and the launch entrance is to the left of it fairly unmarked. Easy to miss and if you do just go straight ahead into the town wharf turn around and go back at it from the other direction.