Steelhead....Credit....anyone?

johnnyb

Well, of course heading out for a morning of fishing is always worth it...but just wondering out loud...should I expect much? Thinking of heading down to Erindale park to try a few holes this Thursday morning...will be bringing my small spinners and a float rod to try drifting some pink worms under.

Any tips, hints or tricks would be GLADLY welcome. Might even consider heading to Oakville if it gets enough votes, and if my fishing partner wants to go that far before heading to work.

If you can hit it during a week day, you're golden... I'd stay clear of it during the weekend. Especially if there's still salmon about.

Try the falling rocks and mesh pool, if you're familiar with the local lingo.. There's some prime stretches below them also that you outta try!

If the water is low and clear, try natural colours and don't forget the light tipet and drennan floats!!

PM me if anything.. Good luck duude.

cheers

HD

Credit's been running pretty clear lately....was there on saturday and I could see to the bottom of every pool I fished....not sure what yesterdays rains did to it if anything but you're looking at a good 5' of visability....the few fish that were hooked were in the faster water. I might try again for a few hours tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the feedback guys! :) My initial thought was to start at Burnhamthorpe and work my up (after checking the regs of course...I think I'm still good to do that). From the sounds of what you guys are saying...should I maybe start at Dundas and head up? Going Thursday morning, btw....

Edited by johnnyb

Thanks for the feedback guys! :) My initial thought was to start at Burnhamthorpe and work my up (after checking the regs of course...I think I'm still good to do that). From the sounds of what you guys are saying...should I maybe start at Dundas and head up? Going Thursday morning, btw....

Ya mang. Start from Dundas and make your way north. There should be some holding water south of the ice breakers. If there's nothing doing in a lickely pool, giver 5 minutes tops and make your way to the next one.. Don't linger though!!

If we get some rain, Mulet creek just south of the falling rocks pool might hold a fish or two. Apparently, some people think the main stretch of water is too big for them...LOL

cheers

HD

I did OK on Sat. but Sun. was tough what with the NE winds and all. The previous Fri. I had a blast!! We got some rain yesterday and that should help. Anyway, you'll figure it out.

Cheers

http://scitech.pyr.ec.gc.ca/waterweb/creat...sp?img=02HB0290

PS. All my fish were caught on pinkies...everyone else( chartreuse or pink roe bags). Have Fun!

Edited by verminator