PB Musky

Wendel

Was down at the Thames this weekend.

This is my biggest musky I've yet to land.

I all my excitement the fish was rather stressed so I let it go rather quickly without a measure.

Any photoshop wizards that can guestimate the size of this one?

I'm a pretty big guy. I measured my shoulders at 24 inches across.

My calcs have it around 47 or 48inches. Let me know what you think.

P1010138.JPG

Looks a lot thicker there... just figured we have our arms about the same positon in each picture. My shoulders are about 22". From that you can probably get a ratio to come close.

..quick calcs from measuring the pictures has your fish at about 46" but that could be off an inch or two for sure.

Edited by irishfield

Congrats on the PB musky Wendel !!

the fish was rather stressed so I let it go rather quickly without a measure.

46, 47, 48 ??....... it doesn't really matter anyways does it ??....... it's a beaut no matter what size it is and good on you for being concerned with her time outta water rather than worrying about how big she was.

To me that's a sign of a real sportsman :thumbsup_anim:

I've never really understood anyways why some fishermen are so concerned about weighing, measuring and photographing every fish they catch, no matter how small.

Again, congrats to you Wendel !!

Congrats on the PB musky Wendel !!

46, 47, 48 ??....... it doesn't really matter anyways does it ??....... it's a beaut no matter what size it is and good on you for being concerned with her time outta water rather than worrying about how big she was.

To me that's a sign of a real sportsman :thumbsup_anim:

I've never really understood anyways why some fishermen are so concerned about weighing, measuring and photographing every fish they catch, no matter how small.

Again, congrats to you Wendel !!

Thanks for the words Lew, I usually don't even measure musky, when I'm on the river I cringe at some of the guys that have every dude on the boat pose with the fish.

As big and powerful as a musky is, it's probably the wimpiest fish in the lake, they are really fragile and you need to get them back in the water asap!