FRIDAY STEEL!!

highdrifter

Hey gang,

Played hooky on Friday and linked up with BC and Chris for a little trouting out East..

The conditions were tough, but we managed a few solid fish. Weather wise, the day was absolutely gorgeous, no doubt the last one in the high teens. The fish stopped bitting when the sun became too intense, so we just chilled, soaked up the rays and enjoyed a couple larfs..

We're still learning the craft, and we gain a little more knowledge every time we hit the water. This day was no exception. Glass floats, ultra light fluro tipets, small hooks and small roe bags were an absolute must.

All fish were gleaming silver, fresh from the lake after the rains, and they all fought like they had roid rage!!

Here's some pics. Enjoy.

gallery_439_66_213064.jpg

Silver so intense, the glare makes you squint.

gallery_439_66_134942.jpg

This buck went absolutely gonzo!

gallery_439_66_160165.jpg

and the close-up.

gallery_439_66_197366.jpg

This toad didn't mind sharing his hole. He struck a pose for the shot.

gallery_439_66_13895.jpg

You gotta love it!!

gallery_439_66_81396.jpg

Billy..

gallery_439_66_185327.jpg

Chris..

gallery_439_66_188007.jpg

And moi..

gallery_439_66_161334.jpg

Thanks for reading.

H to the D

Edited by Highdrifter

Excellent report, pics, and fish Bubba!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Glad you could tear "Wild Man" Billy away from his "metal" mandolin for an outing!!! :clapping:

Hosers! :canadian:

Don't worry.. We rock it out whenever, wherever. In fact, Chris and billy had a gig the night before if I remember.

They're called The White Squirrel Sinners..

Hey that's right up your alley dawg!

HD

Awwww Snaglepuss.. The smell of skunk must permeate your work trousers lately..

Don't worry, I'm privy to a spot with mountains of beer cans.

I'll take you to it on Wednesday. You can pick up cans while I work my crankbaits..

HD

He has become quite the critical one as of late eh? :asshat:

Do you reckon he has been having to perform self Snagellation on his Snagella? :stretcher:

Perk up Bubba!... Ice out Poike are only 6 months away!!! :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim:

Edited by GCD

Do you reckon he has been having to perform self Snagellation on his Snagella? :stretcher:

I reckon dawg..

That's what happens with self snagellation.. The baitcaster hand gets all cramped up and focus is severely disrupted with all that snagelling..

:clapping::canadian:

So it's official. I guess Grant is a hoser too!

:rolleyes::asshat:

Gorgeous Fish there Fidel. Looks like you guys had a nice, relaxing time :thumbsup_anim:

Joey

Ah thanks darling.. We do make teamsters look like work horses..

Can't wait to do some more "relaxing" with you and Paul next year!!

Don't worry Glen.. We got you mang.

yyee yyeeeeeee

HD

Nice Work Bud,...some fresh lookin chromers there. You mentioned the last one to be in the high teens,..you should definately make a point of getting a pic of a fish that big with some reference. Im not sayin I dont beleive you, but 'high teens' is a pic for showin off, sometimes the chrome of the season or maybe a lifetime.....ya know. Cheers!!!

Nice Work Bud,...some fresh lookin chromers there. You mentioned the last one to be in the high teens,..you should definately make a point of getting a pic of a fish that big with some reference. Im not sayin I dont beleive you, but 'high teens' is a pic for showin off, sometimes the chrome of the season or maybe a lifetime.....ya know. Cheers!!!

He was talkin' about the outside temperature. ;)

Sorry. Guess I shoulda been more specific. I meant the weather!

cheers