I went EXTREME..

Gerritt

Wow what a day!.. after conflicting schedules (due to my work demands) and emails back and forth between Karl Kalonka and I, we finally found a date that worked.. Some of you may remember I won a trip to fish with Team Extreme.. Well today was the day.. and let me tell you they did not disappoint!

My morning started @ 4am to meet up with Karl @ the King Rd. Carpool for 7am,(Man was it Nippy out!) we hooked, up did our introductions and off we went to hit up Simcoe in search of Monster Smallies.. While on our way to Simcoe, Karl gave Mark Kulik a call who was already at the ramp untied and waiting for us to arrive to begin our day... I met Mark, launched the boat and off we went.

If no one has seen Mark's boat let me tell you.. it is a sweet ride!

Now I have to admit I was not much of a Bass fisherman before this outing, Sure I have caught them indirectly.. and have only targeted them on the odd occasion, So I was a little unsure as to what to expect fishing with pros. Without so much as a bat of the eye I was handed a rod and told "Here, Start casting" I should mention it was pretty windy out there today.. Boat control was key here, and Mark kept us on line and into fish!

So there I am, Casting tubes into the wind (Did I mention it was windy?) and drifting them letting them bounce off bottom.. all the while admiring the rod I was holding... Man St. Croix Legend Tournament rods are Sweet! and super sensitive.. and here I had an arsenal of them at my disposal!.. I was in fishing gear heaven!

Mark was first up with a respectable Smallie... which he graciously said "Here you fight him!" what a powerful species.. I can see why people become addicted to these Green and Brown devils!

Karl was up next with a beauty of a fish not long after Marks

in between the action we all had a chance to feel one another out and the conversions began.. Let me tell you, these two guys are hilarious, I was afraid on a few occasion I was going to wet my float suit.. Fun does not even begin to describe the day I had.. it was simply amazing!

Eventually I was able to tell the difference between bottom and the very slight tap tap of the bass. and landed a few of my own! Wow! Here I am catching Bass with well respected tournament and TV show professionals! I think at the end of the day we went 12 for 16? We had a couple breakoff's etc but to be honest it was hard to keep track, listening to all the banter on the boat, I know a few were released boat side but we held onto a few for pictures, did I mention it was windy?

What an experience is all I can muster right now.. I am exhausted and my internal clock is all screwed up (Time change.. lack of sleep), my lips are wind burnt, my cheeks are red... but MAN what an amazing outing!

These guys are true professionals and gentlemen, and I would be honoured to be invited back to fish with them again..

Who ever wins their next contest is one Lucky dude! is all I can say

Thank you to OFC and Extreme Angler for this awesome experience!

Ohhh yeah and I picked up a ton of free Shwag.. including one of the St. Croix rods I was admiring!!

Thanks again Karl and Mark for an awesome day on the water! I learned a ton!

G.

http://www.extremeanglertv.com/

HPIM2283.jpg

Edited by Gerritt

nice gerritt, nothing like fall smallies in big water....Simcoe is a unique fishery with big big toads but now you have to experience erie when those 4's get tossed because they are small......and if you time it right and are on the spots 3-4's till your arm litterly falls off this time of year....

Great stuff Gerritt !

Is that what they call the Monkey in the middle shot?? :D

LOL Wayne!... I was kneeling On the seat! dang I look short there... I learned a ton! and let me tell you.. the laughs that were had were priceless! somethings are best left unsaid and you had to be there! and for some reason I still have the "clown" tune in my head!! Doo Doo Doo Do do da da doo doo doo da dada... good times and something that will not soon be forgotten!

G