sturgman

Bell Expressvu

Currentlly I have one dish on the roof that feeds two television sets inside the house. I have an additional reciever that stays at the cottage for the summer months but would like to be able to watch a few hockey games in the heated garage every once in a while. Can I simpley splice and spilt the line that feeds one of the televisions in the house and run cable to the garage. Will this work?

Thanks Terry, ya sure saved my ass as I was just walkin out the door to do it with the "what the hell" attitude.. :P Are there any other options for me rather than spending the money on that thingamajig?

watch a few hockey games in the heated garage

GO LEAFS EH. LOL

Terry is smart in these kinda things.

Not sure he,s a Leaf fan though.

Wow, $99 for a 4 port?

You can pick up a 4x4 switch at a local electronics shop in Mississauga for maybe $20....

I recently had an Expressvu HD/PVR Plus receiver installed at my house (one of the coolest pieces of electronic equipment ever, I highly recommend it). The unit came with a dish that can run 4 separate recievers at a time. There are 4 outputs directly from the dish (maybe one of those switches built-in?). The new reciever uses two of the outputs (it runs two TVs) and two additional recievers can be hooked up (but must be wired directly to the dish). My original dish is still on the roof and I could hook up two more recievers to it as well, but how many TVs do I need?

Don't get the one at the source as you can get it for less online. I got my SW44 for $20. you can also see if your dish has the Y bracket and add another LNB.

Ha I wouldn't bother buying a switch if you are running an older system, consider getting a free to air satellite receiver.

Just get a cheap dish and a cheap reciever, unless ur garage is attached to ur house.

Edited by Zebco