trail pass

babaganoush

You shouldn't as far as I am concerned.

Lots of the trails we are using,crossing are on traditional access roads/trails that we used to use to get to lakes to fish well before the trail system came into place, regardless of how the trail conditions were. The fact that sections of them may be groomed because of great snow conditions, well, excellent.

Just don't try to fool them by having a couple spools of ice fishing line in your backpack without any lures, augers, jigging rods, tip-ups, etc.

And, do the proper speed limit also. The trails do have speed limits. Honor them.

It's never been an issue up here in Northwestern Ontario anyway that I know of.

Im not 100% on this,maybe RobC can clear it,as I believe we had this convo before, if you are heading to a lake and have your fishing gear with you,you can use a trail if it is the only safe way to get there. You are not really using the trail sorta speak,just using an access point to get to your distination.

It was explained to me by a S.T.O.P officer (OPP) on the trail that I'm only entitled to use the ofsc trails to go fishing provided I'm taking the shortest/safest route. i.e. I can't leave my house (where the trail is easily accessed) and ride the 20miles to my fave lake when I could have trailered my sled to a nearer access point. I was warned that if I wanted to continue using that route a pass was needed and the next time I'd be fined.